• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoey - Court of Appeal legal fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    Last spotted sunning himself on a Morocco beach trolling former clients on Facebook.
    About the level of behaviour I would attribute then.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
      For clarity I am both a Big Group member and a member of the Hoey Litigation Association.

I'm not going to get involved in the ongoing spat, I shall keep my views on that to myself however, on the funding request side of things, I don't think the Hoey reps have helped themselves.

As part of the Hoey LA I used to receive an email telling me of significant updates, and would login to the website which gave those updates. In January once the LC review had been published, I received an update to say the support was being ceased on said website and I would have to sign upto Armadillo to continue receiving updates, but the website would remain open until 31st December 2020 to access historic information.

I can only assume that those who didn't sign up (I didn't) had their email addresses removed/deleted from the new 'Armadillo' distribution list. Why do I think this? Because by chance I logged back into the website to get some historic information, only to find out there was a new post requesting additional funding for the possible/probable UTT appeal. I never recieved the usual email making me aware of such an update.

How many more LA members who chose not to join Armadillo are in the same position, and have no idea the request is out there. Quite I few I would guess.
      Armadillo are Matt Hall and Gordon Berry.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
        Drive your wedges between groups just because you dont like their funding method or havent brought an action in 5 years, which believe me, is not unusual in complex tax cases and, the only winner is HMRC.
        You're right.

My missus says: why d'you even care if a bunch of tax ******s are being milked for a few quid a month?

Harsh but does add a bit of perspective.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          You're right.

My missus says: why d'you even care if a bunch of tax ******s are being milked for a few quid a month?

Why is the word dodgers in stars ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Why is the word dodgers in stars ?
            Can cause offence around these parts.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

You're right.

I suspect the reason why some people are annoyed about it is because they didn't think the idea up first so they have only been able collect money from a very limited set of people instead of a far larger group of people Big Group have been able to gather.

That later (and far smaller group) has also seemingly screwed up their own (Hoey) fundraising at the same time (based on the post where a former contributor to the Hoey court case who wasn't a member of Mr Hall's monthly fee scheme wasn't aware of Hoey's need for more money).
              Last edited by eek; 12 December 2020, 09:52.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I suspect the reason why some people are annoyed about it is because they didn't think the idea up first so they have only been able collect money from a very limited set of people instead of a far larger group of people Big Group have been able to gather.

That later (and far smaller group) has also seemingly screwed up their own (Hoey) fundraising at the same time (based on the post where a former contributor to the Hoey court case who wasn't a member of Mr Hall's monthly fee scheme wasn't aware of Hoey's need for more money).
                You don't half spending a lot of time making up stories to cover your ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                  You don't half spending a lot of time making up stories to cover your ignorance.
                  Care to tell me what is wrong with the statement you quoted?

Oh, once again you can't because everything I stated is 100% correct
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Care to tell me what is wrong with the statement you quoted?

Oh, once again you can't because everything I stated is 100% correct
                    Your first sentence starts "I suspect" and your second sentence contains "seemingly".

So I think "possibly correct" or "probably correct" might be more apt than "100% correct".

Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 12 December 2020, 21:11.

Comment

Your first sentence starts "I suspect" and your second sentence contains "seemingly".

So I think "possibly correct" or "probably correct" might be more apt than "100% correct".

The first para is completely made up in his tin-foil coated head.

The second is a matter of who had signed up and who hadn't. I have no idea whether it is a screw up or simply a case of people wanting help but not wanting to pay. But Eek doesn't know for a fact either.

So no, not 100% correct because it is all conspiracy theory and fiction. Which explains his unwavering and unquestioning support of his favourite tax crushes.

Comment

Working...
                      X