• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is everyone doing - Pre 2010 loans but protected years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is everyone doing - Pre 2010 loans but protected years

Hi All,

Quite a journey but it seems at least for some the options now remaining are minimal. Selfishly, I am wondering what others are doing in a situation similar to mine:

All loans were pre-2010 so out of scope
    I have one protected year - HMRC have provided a settlement figure including penalty (deadline extended from 30th September)

In the grand scheme of things I could myself "lucky", however what are others doing:

1) Settle up, close of the protected years
    2) Do not very much, as outside the scope of the loan charge leave the protected year open and perhaps the whole loan "thing" will be written off/cancelled via one of the many battles taking place
    3) Something else - are there other options?

I'm leaning towards option 1 and I guess looking for a crowd sourced sense check!

Working...
X