• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Not a third party loan" - Integra Management / Target Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Not a third party loan" - Integra Management / Target Umbrella

HMRC contacted me stating that I had been involved in DR. They asked me to disclose payments received. I contacted the umbrella, who told me the loans were not in scope of the Loan Charge, because they were NOT third party loans. That they were paid directly to me by my Employer and that HMRC had confirmed the structure was not in scope.

I work in non-profit sector and will not be able to pay the sum off in one go. It will take me years. Has anyone else had the same experience? It has left me confused, and extremely stressed out.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks
    Last edited by Rogets; 25 November 2020, 18:26.

Sadly that's a common tale and the money is owed.

But because you didn't follow their instructions and entered the loans in the place requested on your self-assessment form you now have a bigger problem because you've missed the September 30th deadline.

I would suggest calling WTT on (0)20 3468 0000 and ask for a chat with Graham or someone else there who can help. The initial call will be free.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thank you for this advice. I will definitely contact them.

Reading this forum, I believe the amount I owe is relatively small. However, it's a huge amount to me.

I am hoping WTT can somehow lessen the sum owed and negotiate a longer period for repayment.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X