• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Contracts - Statutory demand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQ Contracts - Statutory demand

Hi all. Received a statutory demand from IQ Contracts. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy solicitor? Has anyone challenged and got it withdrawn? Please share it in private to avoid spies seeing it.

Originally posted by Happychappy1 View Post
    Hi all. Received a statutory demand from IQ Contracts. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy solicitor? Has anyone challenged and got it withdrawn? Please share it in private to avoid spies seeing it.
    There is an entire thread about it at https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...more-real.html - my advice would be to speak to WTT...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks eek. Also I called the court and they could not find my name or address on their system not the reference number provided by scammer. Is that expected?

Comment

Originally posted by Happychappy1 View Post
        Thanks eek. Also I called the court and they could not find my name or address on their system not the reference number provided by scammer. Is that expected?
        Did you get to the bottom of this?

Perhaps they are now sending out fake SD's to save money?
        Is that a crime and should it be reported to the authorities?

Comment

If fake, raise a formal complaint with SRA

Originally posted by creativity View Post
          Did you get to the bottom of this?

Perhaps they are now sending out fake SD's to save money?
          Is that a crime and should it be reported to the authorities?

Definitely worth investigating. and 100% make a formal complaint to the SRA against the law firm that initiated the SD . You can even claim compensation for the stress and anxiety, but more importantly it put the solicitor back in its cage

SRA | Problems with law firms and individuals | Solicitors Regulation Authority

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
            Definitely worth investigating. and 100% make a formal complaint to the SRA against the law firm that initiated the SD . You can even claim compensation for the stress and anxiety, but more importantly it put the solicitor back in its cage

SRA | Problems with law firms and individuals | Solicitors Regulation Authority
            I don't believe the person you will be complaining about is a lawyer nor has ever had legal training. This may be a clue as to his real skill set New website set to challenge lawyer and solicitor fees - untitled™

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I don't believe the person you will be complaining about is a lawyer nor has ever had legal training. This may be a clue as to his real skill set New website set to challenge lawyer and solicitor fees - untitled™
              If thats the case, However if the SD was served by a solicitor, and later proved to be without proper foundation its worth register a SRA complain just for the grief that will cause them.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                If thats the case, However if the SD was served by a solicitor, and later proved to be without proper foundation its worth register a SRA complain just for the grief that will cause them.
                See my previous post - It wasn't. Felicitas are cheapstakes.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  See my previous post - It wasn't. Felicitas are cheapstakes.
                  So if this is a fraudulent SD could one not bring charges against the author? Isn't this attempted fraud?
                  Is this a matter for the police?

Comment

SDs withdrawn

I had an email today that mine has been withdrawn. Is this across the board?.

Comment

Working...
                    X