• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Protected Years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protected Years

For a company loan scheme, do HMRC simply need a "simple check of company tax return....". or do they also need Reg 80s, Sect 8 & sect 9 enquiry notices. I ask because they can't find the Reg80s, sect 8 & 9s.

Originally posted by Not Losing Any Sleep View Post
    For a company loan scheme, do HMRC simply need a "simple check of company tax return....". or do they also need Reg 80s, Sect 8 & sect 9 enquiry notices. I ask because they can't find the Reg80s, sect 8 & 9s.
    If it's a check on a company return, it should say section 12 TMA (from memory - I'm not near my text books).

If it does, then there is an open enquiry.

Reg 80 is a PAYE assessment.

Section 8 in this context means perhaps an NIC advice?

Section 9 - not sure - but 9A is a personal enquiry.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      If it's a check on a company return, it should say section 12 TMA (from memory - I'm not near my text books).

If it does, then there is an open enquiry.

Reg 80 is a PAYE assessment.

Section 8 in this context means perhaps an NIC advice?

Section 9 - not sure - but 9A is a personal enquiry.

Many Thanks Webberg. My "check of company tax returns are all under Paragraph 24(1), schedule 18 of the Finanance Act 1998. Sorry, one more question: If for example my year end was 28/09/2010 and I filed my accounts on time, how long do they have to issue the "check of accounts".
      Much appreciated.
      Last edited by Not Losing Any Sleep; 24 November 2020, 13:35.

Comment

Working...
      X