Settlement Versus Hoey Settlement Versus Hoey
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13

Nervous Newbie

Default Settlement Versus Hoey

I have a simple question on settlement. All my open/protected years are pre 2010. (Penfold and Hamilton)

It seems the Hoey case is doing well. If I settle, would HMRC refund me if Hoey wins in the UTT? And the expected appeal?

Or do I sit it out, not settle and wait to see the outcome?

I have paid my APNs, so no pressure to settle. The LC does not apply to me, being pre 2010?

Thanks

bored now

Quote Originally Posted by Wimbledon View Post
    I have a simple question on settlement. All my open/protected years are pre 2010. (Penfold and Hamilton)

It seems the Hoey case is doing well. If I settle, would HMRC refund me if Hoey wins in the UTT? And the expected appeal?

I have paid my APNs, so no pressure to settle. The LC does not apply to me, being pre 2010?

Thanks
    If you settle - that's it, HMRC won't refund you the money.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Even if you part of the litigation association?

Contractor Among Contractors

Even if you part of the litigation association?
    No. Settlement is final and irrevocable. Like divorce settlement.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Should post faster

Default Fight it

Thanks
    Help Hoey win his case, and save yourself 10s of thousands by contributing what you can and think is fair to his fighting funds.

Thousands of victims been paying monthly subs to tax professionals with nothing to show for it. Hoey's case will save the day for pre 20111 EBT victims for a sake of a few hundred pounds contribution towards his fight

Nervous Newbie

If Hoey wins, HMRC will have to refund the APNs.

If Hoey wins, it's likely HMRC will appeal, which is why they need funds (minimum contribution is £300) to cover the appeal.

If Hoey loses, they will appeal IF they can raise the funds to do so.

If Hoey loses and they don't have enough money to appeal, then HMRC will keep your APN money, and will go after everyone else with pre-DR loans. You'll be fine though, as you've paid your APNs so have nothing further to pay (I guess).

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpaw View Post
    If Hoey wins, HMRC will have to refund the APNs.

If Hoey wins, it's likely HMRC will appeal, which is why they need funds (minimum contribution is £300) to cover the appeal.

If Hoey loses, they will appeal IF they can raise the funds to do so.

If Hoey loses and they don't have enough money to appeal, then HMRC will keep your APN money, and will go after everyone else with pre-DR loans. You'll be fine though, as you've paid your APNs so have nothing further to pay (I guess).
    Thanks for the perspective.

So why settle then? If it is pre 2010, even protected loans? (I am assuming unprotected pre 2010 is now safe)

Contractor Among Contractors

Thanks for the perspective.

So why settle then? If it is pre 2010, even protected loans? (I am assuming unprotected pre 2010 is now safe)
    Unprotected pre-2010 are in the clear.

There isn't much incentive to settle, especially as you've paid APNs so no further interest is racking up.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

There isn't much incentive to settle, especially as you've paid APNs so no further interest is racking up.
    Lets not forget protected non DOTAS pre 2011 years. For those hmrc can't currently issue APN, nor collect tax.

But if Hoey loses HMRC will have the grounds to demand backdated taxes plus interest and penalties.

Hoey win or lose means tens of thousands of pounds for 10s of thousands of people.

Get real people, support Hoey's Gofundme fighting funds, or pay the taxes HMRC demand now and save yourself future interests

Donate to save yourself, not Hoey
    Last edited by luxCon; 29th November 2020 at 12:13.

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Quote Originally Posted by luxCon View Post
    Lets not forget protected non DOTAS pre 2011 years. For those hmrc can't currently issue APN, nor collect tax.

But if Hoey loses HMRC will have the grounds to demand backdated taxes plus interest and penalties.

Hoey win or lose means tens of thousands of pounds for 10s of thousands of people.

Get real people, support Hoey's Gofundme fighting funds, or pay the taxes HMRC demand now and save yourself future interests

Donate to save yourself, not Hoey

Couldn't have said it better myself; totally agree with this. This is the best (and probably only) chance to defeat HMRC for pre-2010 open years. APNs refunded. Imagine that ? Don't leave it to others. Many are ending up in TTP arrangements where 1 month of their agreement paid to Hoey could have them escape a life of penury. It's a no-brainer to back this