• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions for Tax advisors that can help newcomer posters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    You suggested the name of someone who posts here and who happens to own an umbrella company - which means he has the perfect profile for the type of people who are currently visiting this site with new letters from HMRC about their "umbrella" company..

Let's see if he is willing to actually help people and not the sort of person I believe he is.
    You are such a manipulator

Seleos has posted 60 odd replies in 7 years here and has not advertised.

eek, You are rapidly losing all kind of credibility here, seriously, accept that sometimes it ok to be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
      You are such a manipulator

Seleos has posted 60 odd replies in 7 years here and has not advertised.

eek, You are rapidly losing all kind of credibility here, seriously, accept that sometimes it ok to be wrong
      Yep but actually it's a win all round here

1) Seleos doesn't want us to refer people to WTT or at the very least doesn't like us referring people to WTT
      2) given that he owns an umbrella company he understands exactly what is going on (in a way that WTT probably doesn't).
      3) given that his umbrella company is compliant* he may even be able to make some money from the referrals in a way that he feels isn't a con. After all he is objecting to the £18 a month Big Group costs and an umbrella is definitely more expensive than that.

So there are 3 reasons above that make him the perfect person that we could point people with more recent tax issues to and it would mean that we no longer have just WTT as options.

And here's a 4th one - I actually would like more umbrella firms we can refer people to - as we haven't got a long enough list of good ones.

And finally - we are now 4 pages in and we still don't have any other names beyond WTT and Matt Hall

* I should point out I'm going on Matt's umbrella's website here
      Last edited by eek; 3 December 2020, 15:31.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yep but actually it's a win all round here

1) Seleos doesn't want us to refer people to WTT or at the very least doesn't like us referring people to WTT
        2) given that he owns an umbrella company he understands exactly what is going on (in a way that WTT probably doesn't).
        3) given that his umbrella company is compliant* he may even be able to make some money from the referrals in a way that he feels isn't a con.

So there are 3 reasons above that make him the perfect person that we could point people with more recent tax issues to and it would mean that we no longer have just WTT as options.

And here's a 4th one - I actually would like more umbrella firms we can refer people to - as we haven't got a long enough list of good ones.

And finally - we are now 4 pages in and we still don't have any other names beyond WTT and Matt Hall

* I should point out I'm going on Matt's umbrella's website here
        Just to be clear, Saleos Consultancy has ceased trading. I am not here looking for new tax clients.

And I have never once mentioned the umbrella in which I have a shareholding but no day to day involvement whatsoever. And I won't name it now for that very reason.

Yes I do have concerns over people who simply do not know better being taken advantage of. And yes, I know, some may find that hard to believe. But my only reason for returning to these pages has been to try to raise awareness of the funds being sought by Mr Hoey's legal team for any appeal to the Court of Appeal in his pre DR loan scheme case. A legal team I am part of only in a pro bono capacity. Anyone who wishes to contribute can find it via its own (now lengthy) thread.

Apologies for hijacking another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
          Just to be clear, Saleos Consultancy has ceased trading. I am not here looking for new tax clients.

And I have never once mentioned the umbrella in which I have a shareholding but no day to day involvement whatsoever. And I won't name it now for that very reason.

Yes I do have concerns over people who simply do not know better being taken advantage of. And yes, I know, some may find that hard to believe. But my only reason for returning to these pages has been to try to raise awareness of the funds being sought by Mr Hoey's legal team for any appeal to the Court of Appeal in his pre DR loan scheme case. A legal team I am part of only in a pro bono capacity. Anyone who wishes to contribute can find it via its own (now lengthy) thread.

Apologies for hijacking another thread.
          Thanks for that - it wasn't a hijack - it's just a shame you can't be more help which means for lack of better options we are down to WTT again which was what I was trying to avoid.

Now I know this is unfair but is there nothing you can do like write a "So you've got a letter from HMRC about your umbrella" blog post that would allow us to offer a second option...

Comment

You suggested the name of someone who posts here and who happens to own an umbrella company - which means he has the perfect profile for the type of people who are currently visiting this site with new letters from HMRC about their "umbrella" company..

Let's see if he is willing to actually help people and not the sort of person I believe he is.
            I suggested tax advisors that know this area. Nothing more, nothing less. You just invent new stuff that has nothing to with the question. People can try calling and decide for themselves what they think.

WTT have an umbrella company too FWIW. They tout for business here, the ones I suggested don't. If you have to change the rules to try and win the argument then you have lost the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
              I suggested tax advisors that know this area. Nothing more, nothing less. You just invent new stuff that has nothing to with the question. People can try calling and decide for themselves what they think.

WTT have an umbrella company too FWIW. They tout for business here, the ones I suggested don't. If you have to change the rules to try and win the argument then you have lost the argument.
              Link please - as I wasn't aware of that and it's not part of their (WTT's) website.

Comment

Thanks for that - it wasn't a hijack - it's just a shame you can't be more help which means for lack of better options we are down to WTT again which was what I was trying to avoid.

Now I know this is unfair but is there nothing you can do like write a "So you've got a letter from HMRC about your umbrella" blog post that would allow us to offer a second option...
                I didn't come to these pages after a long break to drum up work or seek new clients. I don't want it to be perceived in that way. I returned solely to help Mr Hoey.

I will though draft a general guidance note over the next few days that can be posted here, FOC, for what those caught up in the Loan Charge (often inadvertently) following the off pay-rolling roll out to the public sector in 2017 and what warning signs to look for now.

I will DM it to you Eek so that you can post it wherever you think most suitable (if you think it helpful). If you haven't had it by close Monday remind me please!

Comment

eek, You are rapidly losing all kind of credibility here

First you pretend you dont know who Saleso is, and now you talk about Matt Hall.

And I just went on his umbrella company, and it does calculate NI and PAYE as part of his salary calculation. Take home on a 500/day is 61%pa. So as long as he declares NI/PAYE to the HMRC on a monthly basis I think we can safely say he is fully compliant.

You have managed single handedly fight WTT's corner, which only plays to the hands of those who claim you may be connected to WTT somehow. You clearly are an accountancy professional.

The start of this was not about WTT, it was about those affected by the case helping Hoey's case to help themselves. But you managed to hijack, divert and poo poo Hoey's achievements so far and make it personal on all fronts.

It still stands valid that WTT/BG has done nothing in helping its members other than calculating settlement figure, which quite honestly anyone with half brain and access to an internet PAYE calculator can do.

Therefor anyone member of BG/WTT should consider if the Hoey's case is of material interest to them and help out to ensure it wins.

Wining means refunds on APNs, and termination of open years. Losing means HMRC will have the legal mandate to come after those people with full force, penalties, and interest.

But somehow thats ok to sacrifice as long as you defend WTT at all costs

I had my doubts, but with the vigor that you are defending them I now have my doubts as to where you may shouting from !

Even Graham Webber has not been around to defend WTT's position, yet you are far more bothered about it. Is this a case of Superman and Clark Kent?

Comment

eek, You are rapidly losing all kind of credibility here

First you pretend you dont know who Saleso is, and now you talk about Matt Hall.
                    If you actually read this thread you will discover someone (dammit chloe) outed / named him.

Rant that I'm something to do with WTT
                    The mods here know who I am and I love the fact you still say I'm supporting WTT as I ask over 2 threads (including this 1 that I started) for people to provide the names of any other tax advisors who could point people towards rather than WTT.

Saleos would have been perfect for the issues this site currently sees as the issues don't require much beyond telling people yes they have been tricked and that really do need to calculate what they owe HMRC (or confirm what HMRC is claiming is correct) and asking HMRC for time to pay.
                    Last edited by eek; 3 December 2020, 16:00.

Comment

Link please - as I wasn't aware of that and it's not part of their (WTT's) website.
                      www.<snip> you know what it's not for me to advertise it on here for them. It's IMO a stupid idea that looks completely like a managed service company, which as you know are not allowed. It's a variation of the Giant Powerhouse MSC's - you work through them along with loads of other people - become a shareholder and receive dividends commensurate to you work. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
                      Last edited by starstruck; 3 December 2020, 16:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X