• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions for Tax advisors that can help newcomer posters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Link please - as I wasn't aware of that and it's not part of their (WTT's) website.
    IR35 Changes - WTT Consulting

Contractor Co-operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
      I didn't come to these pages after a long break to drum up work or seek new clients. I don't want it to be perceived in that way. I returned solely to help Mr Hoey.

I will though draft a general guidance note over the next few days that can be posted here, FOC, for what those caught up in the Loan Charge (often inadvertently) following the off pay-rolling roll out to the public sector in 2017 and what warning signs to look for now.

I will DM it to you Eek so that you can post it wherever you think most suitable (if you think it helpful). If you haven't had it by close Monday remind me please!
      Could I ask if you made it slightly more generic than the loan charge - the letters HMRC are currently sending out are more related to very recent "loans" from 2018 onwards, one recent one was about someone who was using an umbrella company in 2019/20 and another one in the first part of this year.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
        IR35 Changes - WTT Consulting

Contractor Co-operative.
        And being completely fair from that page

With this in mind WTT has helped develop The Contractor Co-operative. This is an umbrella company owned and managed by its employee members.

So it's something they helped set up and not something they own. I seem to remember that umbrella used to post on the umbrella forum for a while but their pension offering was a problem.

Comment

So it's something they helped set up and not something they own
          . I seem to remember that umbrella used to post on the umbrella forum for a while but their pension offering was a problem.
          My bold, check here -

THE CONTRACTOR CO-OPERATIVE LIMITED - Officers (free information from Companies House)
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Exactly. They are intrinsic to it but Eek thinks it's all done for charridy. To me it sounds like an umbrella company without the sales and recruitment staff.

Comment

Given that half the posts in https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...egal-fees.html are attacks (without evidence) on Big Group / WTT could people please suggest other companies that new posters could be directed towards.
              I used Cobham Murphy (John Green) to advise on my involvement with EBT (and they seem to have had a bit of other scheme traffic as well) - they do offer a initial consult, straight talking and were very helpful throughout my settlement process. I would happily recommend them (although I highly doubt they will be interested in coming on CUK Forums)

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                Exactly. They are intrinsic to it but Eek thinks it's all done for charridy. To me it sounds like an umbrella company without the sales and recruitment staff.
                I assumed WTT were just taking fees for advice - I hadn't looked at the details as it looked just like a.n.other umbrella with a strange ownership structure (the sort of thing I last remember seeing back in the 2000s as people tried to differentiate they cashback scheme from others before Quidco blow the sector apart).

Serves me right for using LinkedIn search to find the company rather than asking google to find me the appropriate LinkedIn pages.

Comment

I assumed WTT were just taking fees for advice - I hadn't looked at the details as it looked just like a.n.other umbrella with a strange ownership structure. Serves me right for using LinkedIn search to find the company rather than asking google to find me the appropriate LinkedIn pages.
                  Be careful, you know what they say about assuming things.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                    Be careful, you know what they say about assuming things.
                    Yep - it will come back and bite you while leaving something all over your face.

Mind you we now have something coming that we can point at people to read and another different name we can suggest people try to talk to.

So it's not perfect but we are better off than we were at 11am this morning when the only option was WTT.

Comment

So it's something they helped set up and not something they own. I seem to remember that umbrella used to post on the umbrella forum for a while but their pension offering was a problem.
                      Companies House records show that the claim that the Umbrella was owned and managed by employees is at best entirely misleading. I have seen it suggested elsewhere that it was a cooperative.

But WebberG & Rhys Thomas of WTT each own between 25% & 50% of the shares.

Readers can therefore form their own views on the veracity of their claims.

Comment

Working...
                      X