• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP was sold to thousands of people through this forum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG GROUP was sold to thousands of people through this forum

CUK was the main recruiting ground.

If, as I suspect, members are being taken for a ride, then that should matter to anyone who cares about this place.

You can say it's only £15+vat per month. But WTT are earning £thousands per month.

What's worse is, if it is just smoke and mirrors, then people are being given false hope. Which is not fair.

I invite someone from WTT to refute the above. But please, no convoluted BS.
    WTT has a legal angle up their sleeve, which isn't covered by Hoey
    13.04%
    WTT has nothing new to take to an FTT
    78.26%
    You'd stand as much chance of winning with andyW as your tax advisor
    8.70%
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    CUK was the main recruiting ground.

If, as I suspect, members are being taken for a ride, then that should matter to anyone who cares about this place.

You can say it's only £15+vat per month. But WTT are earning £thousands per month.

What's worse is, if it is just smoke and mirrors, then people are being given false hope. Which is not fair.

I invite someone from WTT to refute the above. But please, no convoluted BS.

I will say no more than it has been much, much more than £15 pcm. The following is taken from an email to a prospective client of WTT dated 18 June 2019.

"The fee for joining Big Group and inclusion into our resolution strategy is £1800 + VAT. There is also a monthly subscription fee of £15 + VAT per month.

If you do not wish to defend your position and have decided to settle with HMRC we can still assist you with managing your personal settlement. we offer a personal settlement service which will include the following:

1. Checking the calculations supplied.
    2. Calculating expected settlement liability.
    3. Explaining the settlement terms, certainties and uncertainties.
    4. Executing, if instructed, the settlement terms.
    5. Arrange for release of loans post settlement with HMRC.

The fee for this service is £1500 + VAT"

Comment

On the back of my cigarette packet...

2000 people = 3,600,000 in joining fees

2000 people @ 180pa = 360,000pa

Say, three years per person = 1,080,000

Total = 4.68mil

I got the 2000 from the FT on September 18th 2020.
      Last edited by Invisiblehand; 3 December 2020, 15:51. Reason: Firewall link

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
        I will say no more than it has been much, much more than £15 pcm. The following is taken from an email to a prospective client of WTT dated 18 June 2019.

"The fee for joining Big Group and inclusion into our resolution strategy is £1800 + VAT. There is also a monthly subscription fee of £15 + VAT per month.

If you do not wish to defend your position and have decided to settle with HMRC we can still assist you with managing your personal settlement. we offer a personal settlement service which will include the following:

Not being awkward here but I seem to remember that there is supposed to be a success fee on top? Am I right or wrong?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
          I got the 2000 from the FT in September 18th 2020.
          What's the headline of the article? - that will allow people to google it
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            What's the headline of the article? - that will allow people to google it
            Loan Charge deadline reignites debate over tax fairness.

Comment

Something to consider. I am settling and trying to do this myself. Whilst I have no issues with calculating the numbers and negotiating certain expenses etc I would say the hardest thing about doing it yourself is speaking to them. You get bounced around and the amount of people HMRC employ that just follow procedure and dont actually understand the LC is incredible. In fact its really painful. Having agreed all the numbers... not difficult... I am now stuck and being fobbed off that my TTP negotiation is with "another department" whilst they investigate ??? Investigate what I gave them all the amounts and they told me the tax shortfall (which I verified) so what are they investigating. I ask myself?

I would say that if someone can afford this its probably money well spent.
              Last edited by lowpaidworker; 3 December 2020, 16:07.

Comment

The joining fee was only £50 + vat in the beginning.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2104459

I remember it going up over the years but didn't know it had reached nearly two grand.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  The joining fee was only £50 + vat in the beginning.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2104459

I remember it going up over the years but didn't know it had reached nearly two grand.
                  £1800+VAT is over two grand.

Comment

My personal opinion, formed by being a member, is that BG is just a WTT money making machine. I most definitely joined purely because of this forum; they have a way of making you feel that inside the group are all the secret solutions and answers to your problems, but then you get in there and inside it's just the same old questions and uncertainties as out here; only nobody answering them.

For me, it was simply years of never ending newsletters and webinars offering words of hope, but nothing of actual value. I predict in years down the line they will have either (a) never made it to court or (b) lost in court and members will have paid for nothing more than an extended period of stress and the prospect of interest and penalties.

They sell a grand plan that is so secret nobody can know, even members. You have to trust and believe in them, like some religion, whilst all the time paying monthly fees and, for me, often having my emails ignored. We're told barristers are being met with and plans being made but it's just words, even the schemes themselves provided the barristers written opinions.

I cannot think of a single thing of actual value I received for all my money spent.

You have been warned.
                    Last edited by starstruck; 3 December 2020, 16:46.

Comment

Working...
                    X