• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP was sold to thousands of people through this forum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
    My personal opinion, formed by being a member, is that BG is just a WTT money machine. I most definitely joined purely because of this forum; they have a way of making you feel that inside the group are all the secret solutions and answers to your problems, but then you get in there and inside it's just the same old questions and uncertainties as out here; only nobody answering them.

For me, it was simply years of never ending newsletters and webinars offering words of hope - we're 60% confident you'll have zero tax to pay - but no tangible progress. I predict in years down the line they will have either (a) never made it to court or (b) lost in court and members will have paid for nothing more than an extended period of stress and the prospect of interest and penalties.

They sell a grand plan that is so secret nobody can know, even members. You have to trust and believe in them, like some religion, whilst all the time paying monthly fees and, for me, often having my emails ignored. We're told barristers are being met with and plans being hatched but it's just words, even the schemes themselves provided the barristers written opinions.

I cannot think of a single thing of actual value I received for all my money spent.

You have been warned.
    Can you remember if there is a success fee due?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've previously posted my experience here: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2836788

And here https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2104459 is why I thought I was signing up to a group negotiated settlement with HMRC.

"The strategy remains the same - identify and deliver a negotiated settlement." Webberg June 2015

Only after I'd paid did I find out it was nothing of the sort. I always felt I'd be duped into joining and I think that sums up my whole experience with them. Obfuscation and deception. What have they achieved in over 5 years, other than growing their own empire?

Comment

I used WTT's settlement services and ended up being bounced around several client tax managers, had my personal details accidentally leaked to other customers by one of the tax managers and had to constantly chase for updates. I would note that my most recent tax manager at WTT was the only one who I would say made the £1500 +VAT worth it. She was the only one who was on the ball and really fought my corner with some of the more complex arguments with HMRC.

I was never at any point told that Big Group was WTT's recommended option for the loan charge which sounds as though it was probably for the best as I am now fully settled with loans written off. Did take 2 1/2 years to complete the process mind you! But at least WTT never charged me another penny after the initial settlement services were paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          CUK was the main recruiting ground.

If, as I suspect, members are being taken for a ride, then that should matter to anyone who cares about this place.

You can say it's only £15+vat per month. But WTT are earning £thousands per month.

What's worse is, if it is just smoke and mirrors, then people are being given false hope. Which is not fair.

I invite someone from WTT to refute the above. But please, no convoluted BS.
          What an abject and thoroughly reprehensible post and thread you created. I expect nothing less from you.

The mods really need to close this thread down.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
            What an abject and thoroughly reprehensible post and thread you created. I expect nothing less from you.

Why is it reprehensible for someone to share their own personal experience and concerns?

Why should criticism be shut down rather than addressed?

First rule of BG. Don't criticise BG?

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
              Why is it reprehensible for someone to share their own personal experience and concerns?

+1

I am sure BG can reply on here if they want to.
              Service providers have to deal with customer opinions on online platforms
              And is good for them to alleviate any concerns, update, sell themselves etc
              And get feedback that helps them.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post

I think you already know that's simply not true as long as things posted are kept honest, truthful and non-defamatory.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post

I see no reason to close this thread unless it turns into a flame war.

Uncomfortable questions from both sides are allowed here.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I settled with HMRC without any help from solicitors. Joining groups just felt like throwing good money after bad - thankfully it sounds like i made the right decision.
                    The maths was easy, and I managed to negotiate a good discount with a lump sum payment and the rest in installments over two years. Communications was fairly straight forward once I found the right department - they had a few around the country at the time.
                    I found treating HMRC with respect and being polite in my letters paid dividends - afterall it was a human being on the other end.
                    In respect to the SD which may or may not arrive, I will likely write that myself too. Although I may use a solicitor if I can counter and request Nigel to repay my costs.
                    My costs for contesting an SD is £5000, so will consider sending them an SD if they dont pay within 28 days.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
                      I settled with HMRC without any help from solicitors. Joining groups just felt like throwing good money after bad - thankfully it sounds like i made the right decision.
                      The maths was easy, and I managed to negotiate a good discount with a lump sum payment and the rest in installments over two years. Communications was fairly straight forward once I found the right department - they had a few around the country at the time.
                      I found treating HMRC with respect and being polite in my letters paid dividends - afterall it was a human being on the other end.
                      In respect to the SD which may or may not arrive, I will likely write that myself too. Although I may use a solicitor if I can counter and request Nigel to repay my costs.
                      My costs for contesting an SD is £5000, so will consider sending them an SD if they dont pay within 28 days.
                      Slightly different for me I used tax lawyers I had used for the very first round of this, before the loan charge ruling (when it was good old Tax Avoidance) and the subsequent loan charge. I used them again for the settlement and it was two letters and two phone calls. Cost me less than £500.

Comment

Working...
                      X