• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP was sold to thousands of people through this forum

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
    Slightly different for me I used tax lawyers I had used for the very first round of this, before the loan charge ruling (when it was good old Tax Avoidance) and the subsequent loan charge. I used them again for the settlement and it was two letters and two phone calls. Cost me less than £500.
    Gilbert tax?

Comment

Love this thread

To be fair EEK is hardly likely to lose an argument from people who believed 90%+ tax free returns were legal.

BG actually saved people money as they would have splashed there cash on magic beans, Phil or Huey or Nigerian gold instead

Keep it going chaps, comedy gold

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Love this thread

To be fair EEK is hardly likely to lose an argument from people who believed 90%+ tax free returns were legal.

BG actually saved people money as they would have splashed there cash on magic beans, Phil or Huey or Nigerian gold instead

Keep it going chaps, comedy gold

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Never seen that 90%+ return. Don't know anyone who has.

BG have taken money, not saved, and their clients still face a reckoning. I do hope that they do have something as I have met many good people who are relying on them.

Hoey is the real deal as it has actually been to UTT and it took many years to get HMRC there. BG haven't started yet.

I do admit to being taken in by Phil but there again his advice meant I paid nothing to HMRC. I have no idea what the real story is with him but he now appears to be something you see next Tuesday. Is it narcissism, opportunism or just greed. Hard to make all the pieces add up given that without him there may well have been no movement on the political front.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
          Never seen that 90%+ return. Don't know anyone who has.

BG have taken money, not saved, and their clients still face a reckoning. I do hope that they do have something as I have met many good people who are relying on them.

Hoey is the real deal as it has actually been to UTT and it took many years to get HMRC there. BG haven't started yet.

I do admit to being taken in by Phil but there again his advice meant I paid nothing to HMRC. I have no idea what the real story is with him but he now appears to be something you see next Tuesday. Is it narcissism, opportunism or just greed. Hard to make all the pieces add up given that without him there may well have been no movement on the political front.
          As far as I knew Manley was last seen trolling clients he fleeced from Morocco. Have I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDogsNads View Post
            What an abject and thoroughly reprehensible post and thread you created. I expect nothing less from you.

The mods really need to close this thread down.
            What was abject and thoroughly reprehensible about it?

I'm just reflecting the view of many folks here. Namely that we don't believe WTT have any legal angles which aren't already being covered by Hoey (and Lancashire).

If you know different, please enlighten us.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Hoey and Lancashire are weak cases.

WTT's case is in a different league.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post

Hoey and Lancashire are weak cases, Says a TOP QC with an OPINION!!

Why dont you support your unfunded claims with some facts and details?

For one thing no one really knows what WTT strategy is as its a big secret which cant be shared as if it was then HMRC will have a defence.

One FACT is for sure, Hoey has managed to achieve much more result than WTT has ever dreamt about.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                  Hoey and Lancashire are weak cases, Says a TOP QC with an OPINION!!

Why dont you support your unfunded claims with some facts and details?

For one thing no one really knows what WTT strategy is as its a big secret which cant be shared as if it was then HMRC will have a defence.

One FACT is for sure, Hoey has managed to achieve much more result than WTT has ever dreamt about.
                  I wouldn't say that yet (Lancashire lost, Hoey may well).

The thing I will point out is that as the judgements on Hoey and Lancashire are finalised the routes and arguments available to start a fresh tribunal get narrower and narrower.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    I wouldn't say that yet (Lancashire lost, Hoey may well).

The thing I will point out is that as the judgements on Hoey and Lancashire are finalised the routes and arguments available to start a fresh tribunal get narrower and narrower.
                    I agree with you.

The issue is anyone who compares WTT's legal path with Hoey's is comparing ASSUMPTIONS against FACTS.

No one knows what exactly WTT intends to do as they refuse to let anyone know that. In that case anyone thinking WTT can achieve X, Y or Z is only wishing and praying.

right now we need to be backing and supporting the horse that is in the race, has a neck in front, and is focusing on the finish line. Taking our eyes off this in favour of a horse in stable with a lame leg is a mistake.

My whole focus on these threads for the past week been lets support Hoey's case as it has the potential deliver material result for pre 2011 victims.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post

Different league I am sure. Sunday League is my bet.

Comment

Working...
                      X