• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BG - WebberG farewell. Right to reply.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Re. the following from webberg's farewell message.

(1) Have the people you know been fully briefed as webberg says?

(2) Have they seen a skeleton argument submitted as part of the WTT's FTT application?

-------------
    Yes and yes.

I'd love to share BG members' opinion of you but I'd probably get banned again!
    Last edited by ns1; 8 December 2020, 08:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
      Yes and yes.

I'd love to share BG members' opinion of you but I'd probably get banned again!
      Given the apparently contradictory statements by webberg and Saleos, I suspect all BG people have been given access the material but more than a few haven't actually read or understood it.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Given the apparently contradictory statements by webberg and Saleos, I suspect all BG people have been given access the material but more than a few haven't actually read or understood it.
        a common thread with people involved in these schemes is just how willing they are to drink the cool-aid.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennydroppers View Post
          a common thread with people involved in these schemes is just how willing they are to drink the cool-aid.
          And follow a (cult) leader.

Webbertown?

Comment

I'm beginning to get tired of these nudges and winks.

And I am beginning to wonder (for the first time in 7 years) if this forum is worth the hassle of running it.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              I'm beginning to get tired of these nudges and winks.

And I am beginning to wonder (for the first time in 7 years) if this forum is worth the hassle of running it.
              You are not the only one.

It does seem that a group of people who are desperate to raise money for their appeal (which we still don't know will actually be granted) have done so by slagging off the few people willing to help people here and are now refusing to replace the people they have chased away.

I'm just thankfully HMRC haven't identified another dodgy "umbrella" firm and started sending letters out.
              Last edited by eek; 8 December 2020, 14:37.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

It does seem that a group of people who are desperate to raise money for their appeal (which we still don't know will actually be granted) have done so by slagging off the few people willing to help people here and are now refusing to replace the people they have chased away.

I'm just thankfully HMRC haven't identified another dodgy "umbrella" firm and started sending letters out.
                That's a pretty poor take on the matter and ignores the importance of the case. Given how detailed Saleos's answers were even more so. I'm not sure why the case that has made it to UTT after 5 years of effort is being discredited while other resolutions over that same period haven't fired a shot and can't even bring themselves to set out the points they have already shared with HMRC anyway.

I certainly don't think there has been much to complain about here from a CUK perspective either. From the odd foray into some other subsections, it seem relatively polite and good natured in this one. People are just looking for some clarity over opaqueness.

I could say more but that would probably not be welcomed, so I shall head back into hibernation.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                  That's a pretty poor take on the matter and ignores the importance of the case. Given how detailed Saleos's answers were even more so. I'm not sure why the case that has made it to UTT after 5 years of effort is being discredited while other resolutions over that same period haven't fired a shot and can't even bring themselves to set out the points they have already shared with HMRC anyway.

I certainly don't think there has been much to complain about here from a CUK perspective either. From the odd foray into some other subsections, it seem relatively polite and good natured in this one. People are just looking for some clarity over opaqueness.

I could say more but that would probably not be welcomed, so I shall head back into hibernation.
                  That wasn't any comment on the case - it's my take on the attitude of the new and recently returned "posters" trying to get people to fund the action.

And I've not seen any evidence why the Hoey case will be allowed to go to an appeal court when Lancashire was disallowed from doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

For someone who has no skin in this game in any shape or form, it is in fact you who is most disruptive, creating arguments and spinning a negative angle on most comments.

The Mods should identify this type of destructive activities and weed them out.

A forum of any sort is for the benefit its users, not the professionals, experts, advertisers and etc. So why dont you leave these threads to those that are directly affected and stop your destructive behaviour which in my humble opinion comes from no other than a lonely, grumpy, bored, old man syndrome who has a need to stick a nose in to every conversation.

People's mental health, finances, family live and children's future are dependant on these cases, and you stirring up and creating division is way out of order.

People have commited suicide and so please stop creating division.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                      For someone who has no skin in this game in any shape or form, it is in fact you who is most disruptive, creating arguments and spinning a negative angle on most comments.

The Mods should identify this type of destructive activities and weed them out.

A forum of any sort is for the benefit its users, not the professionals, experts, advertisers and etc. So why dont you leave these threads to those that are directly affected and stop your destructive behaviour which in my humble opinion comes from no other than a lonely, grumpy, bored, old man syndrome who has a need to stick a nose in to every conversation.

People's mental health, finances, family live and children's future are dependant on these cases, and you stirring up and creating division is way out of order.

People have commited suicide and so please stop creating division.
                      Yes several of my friends did - which is why I post here.

There is 1 poster (not a mod btw) on this site who if he asked me to stop posting here I would - you are not that person..

As for the current posters on this forum I'm seeing a lot of people trying to persuade people to invest in a legal case that may not proceed further in which case their donations would be lost while attacking a different set of tax advisors..
                      Last edited by eek; 8 December 2020, 15:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X