• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Received letter from HMRC about "disguised renumeration"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michail View Post
    Thanks...

It just doesn't make any sense! I never traded with them. Will need to speak to HMRC again..
    That makes it very simple then. If you really had nothing to do with the company cited in the letter, that's all you need to tell them. Nothing more or less.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      That makes it very simple then. If you really had nothing to do with the company cited in the letter, that's all you need to tell them. Nothing more or less.
      We've had a couple of occasions where people asked for information, filled in an online form, or attended a session with some of these dodgy Umbrellas, and end up on a list provided to HMRC, even if they never signed up. It could be something like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
        We've had a couple of occasions where people asked for information, filled in an online form, or attended a session with some of these dodgy Umbrellas, and end up on a list provided to HMRC, even if they never signed up. It could be something like that again.
        Exactly. Dead easy to tell Hector that. It's beyond dispute, you either used them or you didn't. It's fact.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

There is no Isle of Man company called Principal Contracting Limited and as far as I can see, there never has been.

There is however a registered business name Principal Contractors (registration number 022571B). This is a registered trading name owned by an Isle of Man company called Principal Contracts Limited (registration number 124226C). The trading name registration for from 2009 shows the registered office as Knox House, Finch Road, Douglas. This is of course Barrowman HQ. The current registered office of 1 Mount Pleasant is a literal 2 minute walk away.

Online Services - Company Summary

NB a liquidator has been appointed.

Comment

I have exactly the same issue, as has my wife. Always been LTD company, always paid salary and dividends, never done the loans thing as it was obviously dodgy. Both of us being investigated.

Hopefully I can close it down easily, as I am genuinely innocent, but its a merry Christmas in the meantime thanks to the stress

Comment

Respond to HMRC

I had a similar letter, I wrote back to HMRC telling them that I never had any association with any scheme and asked them to advise if these letters have been issued in error. I did not send any other information.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ion-loans.html
              Last edited by eazy; 18 December 2020, 16:39.

Comment

Working...
              X