• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contacting Andrew Nyiri and complaining (or demanding your money back) is not the way to resolve this issue. It might make you feel better, but it won't resolve the issue.

I would be interested in learning more from the contractors who are using Sunday Solutions.

I posted this a few days ago;
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ghlight=sunday

I could be barking up the wrong tree, but if contractors are operating via a 'partnership' scheme there might be legal cover already thrown in for these eventualities? Failing this, after searching Sunday Solutions on this forum, there still seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether Sunday Solutions is umbrella company or just a vehicle for helping contractors set up a Ltd?

As i said, I might be totally off track with the 'partnership' idea, but from what I've read on this forum so far, I don't think anyone fully understands Sunday Solutions. Until we do, there is little point in working out the best way to attack this issue.

Comment

Act Now?! By doing what?

Raetest - have you taken any action?

Has anyone tried to do anything? Besides calling the reception/call centre

Comment

sunday

contractor_v we need to have a chat away from the forum - whats the best way

<Admin note>Sorry for the delay is pushing this comment through, was out and only checking forum on mobile and too fiddly to upgrade accounts using that. I have upgraded your account so you can use the private messaging system as putting email addresses on the forum is not good. If you are a new user and want your account upgraded then use the contact form at the bottom of every page and we will upgrade you</Admin note>

Comment

next steps

I'm still on the fence on this. I agree this is incredibly frustrating (what an understatement), and their response so far has been pathetic and done nothing to raise my confidence. I don't think (yet) they are a 'scam' as previously reported on this thread. As far as I know they paid out everyone's tax money last year (they were in business then), because I haven't seen any similar complaints from last year. If this were a 'take the money and run' scam, then it doesn't make sense why they are still acting as a 'going concern'. They still pick up the phone (on very rare occassions, but you do eventually get through). It is frustrating that we are only given one point of contact (Andrew) who seems to be the only one who knows what is going on, and he has been almost impossible to reach. This seems like a genuine cashflow problem they have, probably as a result of incompetence rather than malice.

However, I think incompetence and malice are equally as scary. If it is a cashflow issue, we have no guarantees as to how they are planning to resolve it, what their business plan is to resolve it, or any details of what the problem is. In this market environment, with contractors getting laid off left right and center, any type of cashflow problem for an umbrella company is very scary indeed. The bottom line is that we don't know what the problem is, because Sunday does not tell us what is really going on and what they are doing to resolve it. This obviously arouses all sorts of suspicious and it makes it impossible to trust them. It seems they are deploying very obvious delaying tactics, hoping to resolve whatever issue they've got soon without losing face. I'd be happier if they were up front with us.

This is a public forum, so I think we have to be careful of information we post, since Sunday is undoubtedly monitoring this thread. Obviously some of what I'm writing might be speculation. But it is pathetic that they are even contemplating 'legal consultation' against people in this forum. If anything this speculation is a direct result of their lack of transparency and the way they are treating people now - refusing to answer their calls, telling people that they will take down an 'urgent' message and call them back, only giving them a single point of contact who is never available, etc.

I think everyone affected should get in touch with each other now, with a view to start legal action immediately to recover the tax money. A joint legal suit will carry more weight and have more evidence than an individual approach. Calling their phone lines repeatedly clearly is getting nowhere (and why would it). We should get the legal process going anyways, in parallel. With any luck they can sort out their cashflow issue or whatever issue they've got soon, and we can recover our money before this develops into an expensive and stressful court case.

By the way, earlier in this thread someone posted a message from Sunday saying that Sunday has written to all partners affected saying that they will be compensated. I've received no such assurances in writing (although I've received verbal assurances to the same effect).

Please send me a private message if you have been affected by this issue.

Comment

I'm having the same problems. I know two other people in the same boat, so again not a small percentage as claimed, 100% from my experience.

I've spoken to Andrew Nyiri a couple of times and a few other people. When I left a message for Andrew and mentioned I've initiated contact with my solicitors he did finally call me back after a dozen or so broken promises to do so.

I received the following email the other day:

As you will be aware, Bradbury & Co has been appointed as your Partnership Accountants. As part of this, Bradbury is completing the year end accounts for the Partnership, on behalf of the partners.

This process has identified a number of miss postings, relating to partners expenses, the result of which may have a positive impact on Partners tax position.

As you are aware Partners are paid from the profits of the partnership. Profits are then calculated after taking into account all expenses and overhead costs for running the Partnership and these profits are then paid to the partners in accordance with the agreed profit share and are taxable according to HMRC guidelines.

Upon joining the Partnership, partners are provided with a forecast of their individual drawing relating to the profits that take into account the partner expenses, and any changes in partners expenses will affect the taxable profits which can be drawn down by the partner.

Following an internal quality audit, it have been potential miss posting of some expenses and debtors that have not been accounted for correctly.

As a result, we are taking the following actions:

· Where appropriate, HMRC has been contacted to make them aware of a delay due to the above, and agreeing the action to be taken. Please note that HMRC send numerous chase letters during this time of year and we would ask that you send us a copy of any correspondence from HMRC, so that we can deal with this on your behalf. We will of course keep you informed at all times of our own correspondence with HMRC.

· Any debtors or expenses will be correctly accounted for and where appropriate, corresponding accounts and self assessments will be updated and sent to you for your approval.

· You will be aware that the late submission of taxes incurs additional costs levied by HMRC, which are generally in the form of interest on the monies outstanding. On behalf of all partnerships, Bradbury has contacted various partnership service providers including Sunday and they have agreed a reduction in fees to compensate against any additional fees and thus you need not worry about incurring any additional costs while we finalise this excercise.

· When the partners have agreed the accounts and individual tax return, we will advise accordingly on outstanding tax amounts to be paid.

As you will be aware this time of year is extremely busy for the Accounting Practice and we would like to apologise in advance for any problems you may have experienced in getting through to your personal tax adviser. Bradbury has appointed a number of additional accountancy staff to help meet the immediate demand and we will keep you informed of our progress.

We will contact you over the next two weeks to provide you with a further update.

Should you have any questions in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us on the email provided.
            has anyone else received this? Seems like a blatent delaying tactic in my opinion. I would get my solicitors involved however in the light of this email I'm sure they wouldn't be able to do anything for a while until given sufficient time to reprocess. Something in writing acknowledging responsibility at least

Comment

I don't seem to be able to send PMs??

<admin note>Have upgraded your account too</Admin note>

Comment

account problem

I've just realized there's a problem with my account which prevents sending/receiving messages. I'm trying to get it sorted out with the administrator.

<Admin note>It is not a problem. As stated in other threads, and in messages when you sign up, new users do not have enough rights to use the PM system or post without moderation. Use the contact form linked to from the bottom of each page if you want an account upgrade</Admin note>

Comment

next steps

Thanks my account is fully active now.

Could everyone that is affected by this issue please send me a private message? I'll try pinging people individually as well.

Comment

Sunday Woes - next steps

Hello,

If you are currently owed Tax money by Sunday Solutions I would like to get in touch with you asap. My intentions are:

- To get an idea of the number of people affected.
                    - To compare stories and try to put a cohesive picture together of what is going on.
                    - To discuss next steps (legal action).

If you want to participate, please send me an email to [email protected]. If you are not directly affected but have colleagues who are, please give them this email and tell them to get in touch with me.

I'll attempt to 'vet' people by asking a simple question about their job. This is to prevent a poser from Sunday Solutions joining into our conversation. I hope you are not offended by this and understand the precaution.

Regards,

Titanic

ps. If you have a positive anecdote about Sunday Solutions I would also like to hear from you. I'm keen to hear from anyone who has actually been paid their tax provision by Sunday Solutions for the 07-08 tax year.

Comment

I agree, Titanic. I'm also not sure whether or not it's a 'scam' hence said "seems" with regard to the current situation. But whether with malicious intent or not the result could be the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X