• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattharris_uk View Post
    I too got the letter and replyed on their website as instructed but haven't heard anything since either. I was told they would be in touch week commencing 14th Dec '09. If anyone knows how to proceed, please contact me at [email protected]
    Thanks in advance.
    Join the action group by mailing [email protected]

Comment

Sunday

I used Sunday as they offered a full service. Each month they would calculate the tax due based uopn expenses projected (based on expense history) and send what I was due to me. No probelms having to retain HMRC's money and no problems with tax returns as they were also part of the service.
      It all seems to have gone to hell, and I would be interested to know whether anyone else is out of pocket as I may need to resort to legal action, having paid for a service that I have not received.

Comment

Originally posted by mattharris_uk View Post
        I too have £14,950 in unpaid profits with Bradbury/Sunday Solutions and I know of 2 other guys in the same boat. If anyone has any further info as to how to proceed, please get in touch [email protected]
        Are you sure the account that they sent shows you are to receive £14,950? Is this figure mentioned as undistributed profit in bracket? If the figure is in bracket means you need to pay to partnership as per B&C.... So check it properly if the account mentions that figure in bracket or not. They are really playing games with everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by leer34 View Post
          I cannot believe these conmen are going to get away with this,

basically stolen over a years tax retention money from myself as well as the thousands seemingly from everyone else,
          Several million quid at stake here - good scam if it is one wouldn't you think!? Just needs Bradbury to liquidate and we're all swimming in the cess pit

Comment

Has anyone successfully requested a copy of the Partnership return for 07/08? I was told by HMRC that the Partnership return for my Partnership was completed for 07/08 and I've asked to see a copy a couple of times and haven't received it.

I'm not owed any money so am not desparate to see it but surely HMRC have some information on who the controlling Partner is, who do they send VAT queries etc to or chase when the Partnership Tax Return isn't completed.

I am always a bit wary of contacting HMRC as I do not want to draw attention to myself or the Partnership but has anyone else had any joy with this? Some of you may feel you do not have a lot to lose.

I read a comment from someone that the Partnership Tax Rerturn needs to be signed by the controlling Partner. If it gives you a name that might be a start.

Comment

My partnership was registered with HMRC from what I can tell looking at my 07/08 Tax Return. It has Partnership pages and the Partnership number.

The HMRC site says that a CWF1 form must be completed when registering a Partnership, the form asks for the names, addresses and NI numbers of all Partners.

Has anyone tried obtaining a copy for their Partnership?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhines View Post
                Has anyone successfully requested a copy of the Partnership return for 07/08? I was told by HMRC that the Partnership return for my Partnership was completed for 07/08 and I've asked to see a copy a couple of times and haven't received it.

I'm not owed any money so am not desparate to see it but surely HMRC have some information on who the controlling Partner is, who do they send VAT queries etc to or chase when the Partnership Tax Return isn't completed.

I am always a bit wary of contacting HMRC as I do not want to draw attention to myself or the Partnership but has anyone else had any joy with this? Some of you may feel you do not have a lot to lose.

I read a comment from someone that the Partnership Tax Rerturn needs to be signed by the controlling Partner. If it gives you a name that might be a start.
                my 07/08 return was completed sucesfuly and sent to me before being submitted, i was also sent a copy of the partnership accounts for both partnerships. i had one of the named partnerships to begin with tssp partnership no 133 and then got moved to a named account collins tachauer.

i have three colleagues as partners in collins tachauer, and am trying to find the remaining partners as i believe we may have a strong case for legal action if one or all of us could get together as an entire partnership.

i had an over retention of money in my account and had 1400 pounds owed to me. this has never been paid is anyone else in same position?

i have copies of the SAT 07/08 and all the accounts. i may be a lucky one in that respect

when it came to payments jan and july no payments were made, instead i have a copy of an SA303 form. means that bradbury were advising HRMC that they wouldnt be paying the tax

reason given

"business profits are down"

any other reasons

Due to data capture error the assesment for 07/08 was overstated. an amended tax return will be submitted to claim further allowable expenses in respect of partnership income.

does anyone else have the same thing ?

i have copies of all this paperwork.

Comment

Flamindevil - your SATR will have the Partnership reference number on it. What you need is copies of the paperwork submitted to HMRC for the Partnership such as the SA800 Partnership Return form which needed to be completed for each partnership, it may have names, addresses and NI numbers of the other Partners. Certainly if you look at a blank copy on the HMRC site it asks for this info.

I've asked HMRC for this a few times but it hasn't been sent, they didn't say I couldn't see a copy though so I'm not sure what's going on.

My POA amounts for 08/09 were reduced and I received a letter from Bradbury advising me but they were then put back up without me knowing. Only to what they should be though so that's probably a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by flamindevil View Post
                    i have three colleagues as partners in collins tachauer, and am trying to find the remaining partners as i believe we may have a strong case for legal action if one or all of us could get together as an entire partnership.
                    It may not be the same in your case but the final page of the partnership agreement I signed showed the partners that aready belonged to my partnership. I have subsequently managed to contact one of the other partners who didn't know I existed. Sunday Wealth Management simply added the next partner into the agreement as they came along without informing existing partners - I think the HMRC limit is 20 partners before they had to roll over to the next ridiculously named partnership. Incidentally the names were silly so they didn't have to look around to see if it was already in use.

Comment

Originally posted by FeedtheKids View Post
                      It may not be the same in your case but the final page of the partnership agreement I signed showed the partners that aready belonged to my partnership. I have subsequently managed to contact one of the other partners who didn't know I existed. Sunday Wealth Management simply added the next partner into the agreement as they came along without informing existing partners - I think the HMRC limit is 20 partners before they had to roll over to the next ridiculously named partnership. Incidentally the names were silly so they didn't have to look around to see if it was already in use.
                      thanks for the response, i have a copy of my agreements also though luckily i never signed it and sent it back. maybe good that i was lazy with the paperwork. i have names, however i dont have any contact details. did your agreement have contact details if not how did you find this person?

Comment

Working...
                      X