• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhines View Post
    Flamindevil - your SATR will have the Partnership reference number on it. What you need is copies of the paperwork submitted to HMRC for the Partnership such as the SA800 Partnership Return form which needed to be completed for each partnership, it may have names, addresses and NI numbers of the other Partners. Certainly if you look at a blank copy on the HMRC site it asks for this info.

I've asked HMRC for this a few times but it hasn't been sent, they didn't say I couldn't see a copy though so I'm not sure what's going on.

My POA amounts for 08/09 were reduced and I received a letter from Bradbury advising me but they were then put back up without me knowing. Only to what they should be though so that's probably a good thing.
    Thanks for the info Rhines, when you say you have asked HMRC for the forms, why have they not given it to you? Did they say they will send to you?

I will contact HMRC tomorrow, and let you know how I get on

can you also confirm what you mean yours were put back up without you knowing. did you also have Claim to reduce forms submitted by Bradbury ?

Comment

Originally posted by flamindevil View Post
      thanks for the response, i have a copy of my agreements also though luckily i never signed it and sent it back. maybe good that i was lazy with the paperwork. i have names, however i dont have any contact details. did your agreement have contact details if not how did you find this person?
      I used Google although I was lucky to have a couple of partners with unusual names. A Google search normally returns a LinkedIn or Facebook entry if nothing else then just send them a message from there. You'll might find your partners have already contacted each other but don't know about you.

Comment

I haven't chased them to be honest, the number I was calling didn't have access to the Partnership Tax Return only my own personal SATR. They said they would send a note to the correct office asking them to forward me a copy but I never received it. I don't know if there is a reason behind them not sending it or if it just wasn't looked at. You would be listed as a Partner so you ought to have a right to view it.

Regarding my POA amounts, I recieved a letter from Bradbury to say the amounts were being reduced and if I received a bill for other amounts to let them know. I did then receive a payment request from HMRC and it turns out the POA amounts were put back up again to what they should be. I have an email from Claire Palmer confirming this.

It looks as though they were trying to buy themselves time, partners were less likely to be concerned if they are not being chased by HMRC for payments or the amounts were low.

Comment

One reason I didn't chase HMRC is because I contacted 2 other Partners that had registered with the Sunday Action Group and didn't receive a response. I didn't go in to mountains of detail but introduced myself and explained where I had got their contact details which they could have easily checked.

I was a bit surprised by that and as I apparently owe the Partnership money rather than the other way round I'll probably just wait to see who contacts me.

Comment

Guys,

My concern is how are we going to file 2008-09 return.

Looking at the deadline approaching so fast, I am thinking of following below approach to complete my tax returns. Can you all pl let me know if we can follow below approach or you see any issue with it?

We are registered as self employed partner. So i am thinking of keeping it as is without changing my registration and file returns.

What figures to take for return? Well i am planning to take the amount i got from B&C ie (drawee amount) as that is what i got in my hand and i am supposed to pay tax on that amounnt.

Who will file partnership tax return? I guess, if no one files it then it is one who created partnership in first instance should be responsible for filing partnership tax return. I am sure none of us went and created partnership so we are just mere partners. And on top of that most of the partnership must have been closed by now. If partnership never existed then B&C will come out as fraud who have claimed so many times that partnetship exists and not us.

What do you think? Can we collectively do this for now? And latter on deal with B&C to see how can we get our tax retention money back? Let us not leave that as well?

Comment

Originally posted by thunder_struck View Post
              Guys,

Looking at the deadline approaching so fast, I am thinking of following below approach to complete my tax returns. Can you all pl let me know if we can follow below approach or you see any issue with it?

We are registered as self employed partner. So i am thinking of keeping it as is without changing my registration and file returns.

What figures to take for return? Well i am planning to take the amount i got from B&C ie (drawee amount) as that is what i got in my hand and i am supposed to pay tax on that amounnt.

Who will file partnership tax return? I guess, if no one files it then it is one who created partnership in first instance should be responsible for filing partnership tax return. I am sure none of us went and created partnership so we are just mere partners. And on top of that most of the partnership must have been closed by now. If partnership never existed then B&C will come out as fraud who have claimed so many times that partnetship exists and not us.

What do you think? Can we collectively do this for now? And latter on deal with B&C to see how can we get our tax retention money back? Let us not leave that as well?
              I think I will do the same as you - B&C aren't going to come up with the accounts or the money are they?

Comment

Fait Accompli

Originally posted by FeedtheKids View Post
                I think I will do the same as you - B&C aren't going to come up with the accounts or the money are they?
                AS Beadbury and Co have prepared the accounts I would bet you there is every chance that without a single partner seeing them B& Co Limited will deliver them by 31 January 2010. If anyone then signs off a tax return without mentioning the partnership for which they were making money that become a false return willfully made . More penalties.
                Don't do it please

Comment

You were a partner

Originally posted by thunder_struck View Post
                  Guys,

Dear victim of Bradbury and CO Limirted and Sunday Solutions Ltd mess
                  A message - you signed the partnership agreement to become a partner- its a nightmare and you wish it had never happened.
                  It di
                  If you fail to mention this in a tax return that is not a complete tax return and would be invalid.
                  Minimum penalty £100 fpr fail;ure to deliver a valid tax return by 31/01/2010

Comment

Charges up

Originally posted by Rhines View Post
                    One reason I didn't chase HMRC is because I contacted 2 other Partners that had registered with the Sunday Action Group and didn't receive a response. I didn't go in to mountains of detail but introduced myself and explained where I had got their contact details which they could have easily checked.

I was a bit surprised by that and as I apparently owe the Partnership money rather than the other way round I'll probably just wait to see who contacts me.
                    Have you asked for a complete breakdown of all of B& CO limited charges. In view of the unexplained increases why ever not ?

Mind you it cuts your taxbill for now

Comment

sorry if a little off topic,

would i contact sunday to get my p60 if i worked withthem for 07-08

cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X