• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The joke that is Sunday Solutions and Bradbury & Co.

Its interesting to read all these stories as I am also going through the same problems. Bradbury & Co have happily retained my money on a monthly basis and are now not paying my 07/08 tax bill. I had to pay the HMRC directly as had debt collectors at my door. I've had my case passed to 4 different people all of which ring me once, then never return my calls or emails. I have now left Sunday Solutions and set up my own limited company becuse the risk of not having access to your tax retention is too much. However, I am also struggling to get my 08/09 fees refunded, and once again get no call backs. And my 07/08 bill is still not paid!

I've been in discussion with a tax solicitor about this situation and we've starting legal proceedings against them. I'm giving them 30 days to return all my money or we're going to court. Although going to court is obviously a more expensive option, I am quite looking forward to bringing a bit of justice against these cowboys.

Make sure you keep all your records of those invoice slips (detailing how much they are retaining - becuase when I asked them how much they thought it should be: they were 10k out!!!!)

As for Sunday Solutions, they have dissolved all responsibility and its "a matter between you and Bradbury" - thats great value for money as I have paid them thousands to actually do nothing. I have now set up a LTD company with an agency that more than 6 times cheaper and offer a much better service. But looking around, I couldn't actually find another company that charges more than Sunday.

For anyone new to contracting, or looking to join Sunday Solutions, my advice is stay well clear. You need to be set up in a way where you have access to all the funds you earn (or make sure the company that holds your money is a charted accountant) as with Sunday Solutions you are 100% liable for the tax owed, but have 0% access to the funds you need to pay it!! The HMRC do not care you are having problems with your accountants, they want their money and its your name at the top of the bill. Also Bradbury & Co are NOT charted accountants, so there's no leverage with any accounting institutions. When I asked them about this, the guy actually laughed.

The biggest joke of all was when they told me that my 07/08 bill had been paid.........to which my reply was "yes, by me". Did they really think that I would forget that I forked out from my own pocket, and they could just keep the money retained for themselves.....it was laugh or cry time!!!

Comment

Take action now

Everyone involved in this Sunday/Bradbury fiasco should be very aware.

I would recommend the following actions for those involved:

Report both parties to:

-Trading Standards
      -Watch Dog
      - Get legal advice sooner rather than later & or small claims court

These guys are holding serious amounts of money and there no where to be seen......... if there be seen at all.

TAKE ACTION NOW........

Comment

I've already started a separate legal action (and paid for costs) so will stick with that.

I'll post some updates on here when (if) I get anwhere, and likewise it will be interesting to see how you get on.

Good luck!!

Comment

Yes Benni, let us know how it goes and we'll do the same.

Drop me a private message if you would like to keep in touch

Comment

How do you send a private message? I had a look on your profile but couldn't see an option.

<admin note>You need to be a full member of the site. Have now upgraded your account so you can use the PM system.</admin note>

Comment

hi
              new to the board, but have been following this thread with interest. I was with Sunday solutions until things started to go belly up (was concerned at some of the changes they put in place when they became reed umberella) so set up a ltd company. it took them 6 weeks and various emails to send through a P45, in the meanwhile I've been trying to get Bradbury & co to confirm that my tax is all paid and to get a set of partnership accounts off them for 07/08, as they decided to resubmit my self asssesment form as they claimed that "on review of my expenses, the intial deductions were incorrect". this was in April, since then no accounts, no confirmation of payment and nothing from HMRC, as they were my supposed accountants I assumed (wrongly I now realise) that they would have all this info to hand and would pass it onto me. Several emails later no info or confirmation. The only responses I have had have been to the 'chase up' emails I sent; 1st one claims that the department concerned were moving office but someone would be in touch by the end of the week (last friday), come monday no response. Sent a final email to them on Monday giving them till today to provide all the requested info, by last night had heard nothing, so sent a chase again, got another response saying my request had been passed to the correct department and marked urgent, still no response.

They really have no idea what they are doing

excuse my spelling and grammer, but they have really wound me up
              Went by the name of Homer. Seven feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks. His eyes were like steel, cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell.

Comment

wenger,

you are not alone... it's already four of us here and I guess other, unfortunately, are coming.

Your story is really similar to mine so I would like to talk further with you about this and how we can get our money back

Please ask the administrator to have the private messages enabled so I can drop you a pm.

Comment

would say it's good to know I am not alone, but it's a terrible thing they are doing

Hi mr administrator, could you set me up to recieve and send PM's?

cheers

<admin note>You now have PM access</admin note>
                  Went by the name of Homer. Seven feet tall he was, with arms like tree trunks. His eyes were like steel, cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell.

Comment

Benni2000 are you still reading this?

I know that probably this story is really stressful and it's hard to keep talking about but I would like to ask you a couple of things about your lawyer if you have got few minutes.

Comment

Sunday Solutions Bradbury and Company- BEWARE

PLEASE to everyone reading this DO NOT TRUST either Sunday solutions OR Bradbury and Company. I used SS for a number of years then suddenly found that I was being harrassed by the tax office as Bradbury and Co have not paid ANY of my tax bills, the result is that bradbury sunday are now not returning calls or answering emails ( most of their people have left and their email syntax is being disconnected.

I called a lawyer who suggested if we all got together as a group we would have more of a chance of getting back our retained money.

Happy to give out my personal details.

What does everyone else think?
                      Last edited by Contractor UK; 21 July 2009, 11:30. Reason: The Von Essen Group wish to make it clear that they have no association with Sunday Solutions

Comment

Working...
                      X