• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who is liable? would the tax man come after the contractor or does it stop with the umbrella company? what happens if they go bust?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dandcg View Post
      who is liable? would the tax man come after the contractor or does it stop with the umbrella company? what happens if they go bust?

Dan
      You pay.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by dandcg View Post

Dan
        You are responcible for settling your personal tax liabilities. Whatever you choose to do with the money in the meantime is neither here nor there as far as HMRC are concerned.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Surely its not a simple as that? And if it is - is there anything I can do to protect myself now?

Dan

Comment

Get out of the scheme asap and go ltd. Talk to the PCG if you need help dealing with them and getting the money out of them. Assuming you are a PCG memeber.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Their accountants are Bradbury and Co. They are the guys who transfered my tax money to my bank account. Tell your mate to speak to them and also demand the interest earned on that lump sitting in their account.

Comment

this is crazy! If this was me - Id be on there doorstep having words with the main people - and strong ones at that.

If they are ignoring you and causing issues - this is serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
                  I'm using Friday solutions. They always seem to be a little behind the times.
                  I use Monday Solutions - they sort everything out before it needs doing.

Comment

sunday solutions scam

You guys aren't the only ones with Sunday Solutions problems. They seem to be running a scam where they retain money for the tax liability and never pay it back. If they're scamming you, get onto your solicitors now

Comment

A colleague of mine uses them and I advised him of this thread. He emailed SS to see what the score was and received this reply :-

This has only affected a small percentage of partners and partnerships. As part of an internal quality audit performed by the partnership accountants a number of miss postings relating to expenses were discovered. This has an effect on the tax position of the relevant partnerships. All partners affected have been sent correspondence outlining the situation. HMRC have also been informed. Any additional charges and penalties incurred as a result of late payment will not be charged to the partners. The situation is under control and will be resolved in due course.

Comment

Working...
                      X