• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neo222 View Post
    I am hoping AML will help me out though as it would be in their best interests now I will be running a full commentary on this forum - and the fact that they are still trading and making a lot of money I expect..
    I reckon that when Montpelier will drop the s58 lot if they stop trading.

Just remember that not many do due diligence before going into these schemes so what you post on here might not be read by many.

It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.

Comment

I had a sales call its AM limited last year. I was dubious about the scheme but they assured me that if I were investigated they would provide all legal defence. Lave it with them to deal with and try not to speak to HMRC directly without legal representation. And I mean legal, not your accountant.

It may also be worth joining the PCG if you haven't already, they have legal helplines which might help you understand your position.

Comment

A colleague at work got the same letter a few weeks ago. AM are handling it and have already replied to the letter before the Xmas break. Contact them in the first instance....no reason why they won't handle your case as well.
        Last edited by sal626; 30 December 2012, 14:02.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
          I had a sales call its AM limited last year. I was dubious about the scheme but they assured me that if I were investigated they would provide all legal defence. Lave it with them to deal with and try not to speak to HMRC directly without legal representation. And I mean legal, not your accountant.

It may also be worth joining the PCG if you haven't already, they have legal helplines which might help you understand your position.
          Legal helplines and lots of solid advice on their fora, agreed, but this particular investigation won't be covered under their PEI insurances since it's already started.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Legal helplines and lots of solid advice on their fora, agreed, but this particular investigation won't be covered under their PEI insurances since it's already started.
            Would PCG cover a loan scheme anyway?

Even if they did the OP would be better off using AM as long as possible IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by sal626 View Post
              A colleague at work got the same letter a few weeks ago. AM are handling it and have already replied to the letter before the Xmas break. Contact them in the first instance....no reason why they won't handle your case as well.
              Thank you. I expect it would be in their interests to help. I expect a lot of AML's clients will get these at one point or another..

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Yep, I am a member of PCG, but you are correct. Loan Schemes and a few other schemes are not covered unfortunately..

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Would PCG cover a loan scheme anyway?

Even if they did the OP would be better off using AM as long as possible IMO.

I'm confused. Why would I be better to carry on using AM? Surely, if HMRC ever did legislate and managed to apply retro law I'd be screwed for a much larger amount.

Comment

Bauer and Cotrelll are another firm that might be able to help you with representation.

Please keep us posted of how things go.

Comment

Originally posted by neo222 View Post
                      I'm confused. Why would I be better to carry on using AM? Surely, if HMRC ever did legislate and managed to apply retro law I'd be screwed for a much larger amount.
                      I think he means to use AM's legal resources for as long as possible before exploring other representation. If, as it sounds, AM are on the case already, then that's a positive sign. Give them a call on Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                      X