• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    Get professional advice.

1. no. There is no correlation between a "compliance check" and an APN. I understand that the post 2011 AML scheme has not been DOTAS registered and therefore would fail one of the conditions for an APN.

2. They will be in due course.

Did you submit a tax return for 11/12? If so, did HMRC issue an enquiry notice in time?

if you have any doubt, write and ask them.

This interests me -
    Do you mean that if HMRC have not contacted you and advised they have a compliance check on a year within 12 months of the return being filed 12 months and a quarter if it was late then if they write you you can request the case is closed???? I was under the impression they could go back 6 years and up to 20 if needed...
    Excuse my naivety!!

Comment

AML Appeal

Just received the dreaded brown envelope from HMRC stating the reprensations made to be disapproved! HMRC now give 30 days to pay the APNs.

Simply don't have a pot to piss in so no hope of paying.

Hopefully AML can bring some reassurance to the saga.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

Originally posted by jrock View Post
        Just received the dreaded brown envelope from HMRC stating the reprensations made to be disapproved! HMRC now give 30 days to pay the APNs.
        May I ask what grounds your representations were made on, and how HMRC justified the rejection?
        Did you draft them yourself or through an advisor?
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
          May I ask what grounds your representations were made on, and how HMRC justified the rejection?
          Did you draft them yourself or through an advisor?
          Hi no I didn't draft them myself they were sent by AML.

They were rejected on the grounds that the amount specified in the notices were not correct also condition c has not been met.

Comment

They were rejected on the grounds that the amount specified in the notices were not correct also condition c has not been met.
            Ok, I get the basis for the representation. But how did HMRC justify the rejection of these representations?
            Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

These are DoTAS EBT?

So they appealed against amounts or time-barred?

AML need to get to FTT now, problem for us ex-AML is time it takes.
              http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by SCR View Post
                This interests me -
                Do you mean that if HMRC have not contacted you and advised they have a compliance check on a year within 12 months of the return being filed 12 months and a quarter if it was late then if they write you you can request the case is closed???? I was under the impression they could go back 6 years and up to 20 if needed...
                Excuse my naivety!!
                If you do not have a valid enquiry opened, then HMRC is unable to launch one after the dates mentioned.

They may however issue a discovery assessment which can be appealed and you can apply to have the tax stood over.

If you wan the "case closed" you need to go to Court.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hello,

Yes I too received this letter from HMRC about the rejection of AML representation. No updates from HMRC yet.

However I did spoke to ANP and counter avoidance team asking for recalculation.. In my case I was registered as PAYE and have paid some tax .. But not sure APN amount has been calculated including this or excluding this.

Kind regards,

Comment

rejection of AML representation.

Originally posted by rockstarcheers View Post
                    Hello,

Yes I too received this letter from HMRC about the rejection of AML representation. No updates from HMRC yet.

However I did spoke to ANP and counter avoidance team asking for recalculation.. In my case I was registered as PAYE and have paid some tax .. But not sure APN amount has been calculated including this or excluding this.

Kind regards,
                    Hello all ... I ave also been requested by HMRC to pay APN's for 2009-2010, 2010-2011 while employed by AML.
                    I say employed because I was never requested to complete a tax return by AML for these periods and received end of year P60's from HMRC for both years....
                    Anyway I paid AML to be part of their JR........and I too have received the quoted letter from HMRC.........passed to AML yesterday but as yet no response..

Comment

No rejection letter yet!

I haven't received a letter yet rejecting AML's representation, however i did receive another reminder dated the 15/10 that i haven't paid the APN yet, i get about 1 letter a month saying i've not paid this despite AML contacting HMRC in June about this!!

Comment

Working...
                      X