• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moogli View Post
    Hi,

I have received similar letter from HMRC that they will investigate my 2014-2015 when I was with AML. Going through the posts it seems that most AML contractors will receive this at some point of time. Any idea if anyone has paid the amount to HMRC and how HMRC calculates the tax.
    For example if someone has a 40K loan in 2012/13, 40K loan in 2013/2014 and 40K in 2014/2015,
    How much HMRC is demanding? 40k*40% + 40k*40% + 40k*40% =xxxx
    Could anyone please confirm. I have noticed that someone has been asked 64% for 2010/2011.

Also, has AML got successful results from appeals so far? Could anyone confirm please.

And has AML been helpful so far?

I understand AML has a big pool of contractors, so expecting some positive replies.

I was with them for over 3 years, so really concerned about this.

Also, if someone is forced to make a payment and the person is not having enough money, how HMRC arranges for the payment? Has anyone paid on a monthly scheme.

I know I have raised too many questions and this forum is quiet since April. Hope someone responds to my queries. Thats a lot in advance.

Sorry to hear your news, please don't expect much on open forums concerning details, we all know now that HMRC read CUK forums, they have admitted this.

So look at Big Group a private group of members from many schemes who are looking to group our resources of knowledge to help each other.

HTH.
    http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
      Sorry to hear your news, please don't expect much on open forums concerning details, we all know now that HMRC read CUK forums, they have admitted this.

So look at Big Group a private group of members from many schemes who are looking to group our resources of knowledge to help each other.

HTH.
      I agree with Landrover sign up to big group

Comment

I am in a similar position to moogli

Also
        Had APN for when with Marra solutions which I am paying monthly,
        reassurances from ICS have amounted to nothing . . .
        .. not sure that AML can do any better

Bill

Originally posted by moogli View Post
        Hi,

I have received similar letter from HMRC that they will investigate my 2014-2015 when I was with AML. Going through the posts it seems that most AML contractors will receive this at some point of time. Any idea if anyone has paid the amount to HMRC and how HMRC calculates the tax.
        For example if someone has a 40K loan in 2012/13, 40K loan in 2013/2014 and 40K in 2014/2015,
        How much HMRC is demanding? 40k*40% + 40k*40% + 40k*40% =xxxx
        Could anyone please confirm. I have noticed that someone has been asked 64% for 2010/2011.

Also, has AML got successful results from appeals so far? Could anyone confirm please.

And has AML been helpful so far?

I understand AML has a big pool of contractors, so expecting some positive replies.

I was with them for over 3 years, so really concerned about this.

Also, if someone is forced to make a payment and the person is not having enough money, how HMRC arranges for the payment? Has anyone paid on a monthly scheme.

I know I have raised too many questions and this forum is quiet since April. Hope someone responds to my queries. Thats a lot in advance.

Comment

Sleepless Nights

First post so apologies in advance if it's not in the appropriate thread. My situation is that HMRC have opened up 3 years of investigations for the years I was with the scheme provider. These are for non DOTAS (PBT) and not EBT (Im still trying to understand the end game difference (if any) that this may have). The scheme has provided the requested information and continue to tell me they are dealing with it and it's just routine. This living in limbo is killing me and affecting the way I live my life so i decided to give HMRC a call (probably shouldn't have) but they offered me the chance to settle on the basis of adding the scheme providers fees on top of the loan amounts. Theres no way I am going to settle this way.

I am frustrated with myself because if I'd went down the limited company route I would only have paid around 3-5% more tax overall. I'm not a big earner and the total loans amounted to just under £100k over the 3 years. The main reason for choosing the scheme was the reduction in admin responsibilities compared to ltd company.
          Im not really sure of my next step. I have some savings and could borrow to settle if it lets me get on with my life but not on the terms offered by HMRC. So my question is does that mean that the loan amounts will be taxed come 5th April 2019? This will then leave me with a difficult decision in terms of filling for bankruptcy, leave UK (somehow). There is also the impact of personal life as myself an partner want to buy a flat. Is there any point given the 2019 deadline? Ive now been looking at bankruptcy and thinking about all the what if scenarios. Do i get m partner to put in the full deposit etc may mean me going bankrupt may not force a sale.....

Anyway any advice would appreciated. I've emailed the big group but they are closed to new members at present.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jes107 View Post
            First post so apologies in advance if it's not in the appropriate thread. My situation is that HMRC have opened up 3 years of investigations for the years I was with the scheme provider. These are for non DOTAS (PBT) and not EBT (Im still trying to understand the end game difference (if any) that this may have). The scheme has provided the requested information and continue to tell me they are dealing with it and it's just routine. This living in limbo is killing me and affecting the way I live my life so i decided to give HMRC a call (probably shouldn't have) but they offered me the chance to settle on the basis of adding the scheme providers fees on top of the loan amounts. Theres no way I am going to settle this way.

I am frustrated with myself because if I'd went down the limited company route I would only have paid around 3-5% more tax overall. I'm not a big earner and the total loans amounted to just under £100k over the 3 years. The main reason for choosing the scheme was the reduction in admin responsibilities compared to ltd company.
            Im not really sure of my next step. I have some savings and could borrow to settle if it lets me get on with my life but not on the terms offered by HMRC. So my question is does that mean that the loan amounts will be taxed come 5th April 2019? This will then leave me with a difficult decision in terms of filling for bankruptcy, leave UK (somehow). There is also the impact of personal life as myself an partner want to buy a flat. Is there any point given the 2019 deadline? Ive now been looking at bankruptcy and thinking about all the what if scenarios. Do i get m partner to put in the full deposit etc may mean me going bankrupt may not force a sale.....

Anyway any advice would appreciated. I've emailed the big group but they are closed to new members at present.

Thanks
            Join Big Group. Plenty of help and settlement advice. Click on my link or go to Big Group forum and get details from there.
            http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

You're not the only one.

http://www.dotas-scandal.org/testimonies
              Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Thanks
                PM me
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Site still not accepting new registrations.

Comment

Originally posted by absurdjewel View Post
                    Site still not accepting new registrations.
                    I was under the impression that AML were helping their clients? If so why would you require Big Group?

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
                      I was under the impression that AML were helping their clients? If so why would you require Big Group?
                      At the most basic level, so that not all eggs are in one basket?
                      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X