HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes - Page 73
Page 73 of 151 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Posts 721 to 730 of 1501

Some things in Moderation

You already have it tax_is_taxing.

Nervous Newbie

Default PM Rights

Hi Mods,

Please could you grant me PM Rights.

Thanks

Should post faster

Default Gauke

I received a letter back fom my MP last week and also an enclosed letter from David Gauke. Very disappointing response where he just reinforced his reasons but also stressed that the legislation was not retrospective because the tax was previously due in earlier years. What 'weasel words' from a desperate politician.

Still gathering requirements...

Default Same here

Quote Originally Posted by vern19 View Post
    I received a letter back fom my MP last week and also an enclosed letter from David Gauke. Very disappointing response where he just reinforced his reasons but also stressed that the legislation was not retrospective because the tax was previously due in earlier years. What 'weasel words' from a desperate politician.
    agreed

Should post faster

I got the same, utter fob off, especially given the "tax was previously due in earlier years" has yet to be proven in court and that HMRC have sat doing nothing for 6 years when this could've been dealt with at the time.

The bloke is a full on mentalist living in his own little bubble.

DMossEsq: David Gauke MP and the UK's tax revolution 1

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    Help is at hand.

The Cabinet Office want to w ww.dmossesq.com/2012/10/martha-lane-fox-httpwwwgovukmachiavelli.html - take control of all government departments, including HMRC.

Policy will then be subject to w ww.dmossesq.com/2014/05/can-website-designers-challenge-uk.html - the Government Digital Service's veto.

EBTs may be a bit beyond them, admittedly. But w ww.dmossesq.com/2013/11/what-our-taxes-are-paying-for.html - they're experts on VAT and have advised HMRC that the expression "submit a VAT return" should be replaced henceforth with "send a VAT return" on the gounds that the word "submit" is (a) too formal and (b) too long.
    Last edited by cojak; 28th May 2014 at 11:35. Reason: Links removed. This isn't DMossEsq's website...

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DMossEsq View Post
    This isn't DMossEsq's website...
    Point taken

varunksingh

Default HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    I got the same, utter fob off, especially given the "tax was previously due in earlier years" has yet to be proven in court and that HMRC have sat doing nothing for 6 years when this could've been dealt with at the time.

DMossEsq: David Gauke MP and the UK's tax revolution 1
    I feel Mr Gauke is very sharp and in no bubble! He has thought it through with his team and is only chasing one goal - win next election. If it means behead 65000 families then so be it. If from the money collected they are able to give allowances which will get them more votes then it is worth it. He is well aware that many scheme were perfectly legal and has thus found a way around.

More time posting than coding

Default It 'aint over 'till the fat lady sings.

Quote Originally Posted by varunksingh View Post
    I feel Mr Gauke is very sharp and in no bubble! He has thought it through with his team and is only chasing one goal - win next election. If it means behead 65000 families then so be it. If from the money collected they are able to give allowances which will get them more votes then it is worth it. He is well aware that many scheme were perfectly legal and has thus found a way around.
    ...maybe. Although many of the responses (COIT, Law Society etc.) do point out the possibility of legal challenges to the proposed legislation. In many cases the money will not be collected quickly and, as you say, many of the schemes were maybe legal and effective. Lord only knows how the bankruptcy courts will deal with this.

Godlike

New template letter to send to your MP

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/public-do...May%202014.doc