• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You already have it tax_is_taxing.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

PM Rights

Hi Mods,

Please could you grant me PM Rights.

Thanks

Comment

Gauke

I received a letter back fom my MP last week and also an enclosed letter from David Gauke. Very disappointing response where he just reinforced his reasons but also stressed that the legislation was not retrospective because the tax was previously due in earlier years. What 'weasel words' from a desperate politician.

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by vern19 View Post
          I received a letter back fom my MP last week and also an enclosed letter from David Gauke. Very disappointing response where he just reinforced his reasons but also stressed that the legislation was not retrospective because the tax was previously due in earlier years. What 'weasel words' from a desperate politician.
          agreed

Comment

I got the same, utter fob off, especially given the "tax was previously due in earlier years" has yet to be proven in court and that HMRC have sat doing nothing for 6 years when this could've been dealt with at the time.

The bloke is a full on mentalist living in his own little bubble.

DMossEsq: David Gauke MP and the UK's tax revolution 1

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
              Help is at hand.

The Cabinet Office want to w ww.dmossesq.com/2012/10/martha-lane-fox-httpwwwgovukmachiavelli.html - take control of all government departments, including HMRC.

Policy will then be subject to w ww.dmossesq.com/2014/05/can-website-designers-challenge-uk.html - the Government Digital Service's veto.

EBTs may be a bit beyond them, admittedly. But w ww.dmossesq.com/2013/11/what-our-taxes-are-paying-for.html - they're experts on VAT and have advised HMRC that the expression "submit a VAT return" should be replaced henceforth with "send a VAT return" on the gounds that the word "submit" is (a) too formal and (b) too long.
              Last edited by cojak; 28 May 2014, 11:35. Reason: Links removed. This isn't DMossEsq's website...

Comment

Originally posted by DMossEsq View Post
                This isn't DMossEsq's website...
                Point taken

Comment

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                  I got the same, utter fob off, especially given the "tax was previously due in earlier years" has yet to be proven in court and that HMRC have sat doing nothing for 6 years when this could've been dealt with at the time.

DMossEsq: David Gauke MP and the UK's tax revolution 1
                  I feel Mr Gauke is very sharp and in no bubble! He has thought it through with his team and is only chasing one goal - win next election. If it means behead 65000 families then so be it. If from the money collected they are able to give allowances which will get them more votes then it is worth it. He is well aware that many scheme were perfectly legal and has thus found a way around.

Comment

It 'aint over 'till the fat lady sings.

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
                    I feel Mr Gauke is very sharp and in no bubble! He has thought it through with his team and is only chasing one goal - win next election. If it means behead 65000 families then so be it. If from the money collected they are able to give allowances which will get them more votes then it is worth it. He is well aware that many scheme were perfectly legal and has thus found a way around.
                    ...maybe. Although many of the responses (COIT, Law Society etc.) do point out the possibility of legal challenges to the proposed legislation. In many cases the money will not be collected quickly and, as you say, many of the schemes were maybe legal and effective. Lord only knows how the bankruptcy courts will deal with this.

Comment

New template letter to send to your MP

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/public-do...May%202014.doc

Comment

Working...
                      X