• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiries for EBT Loans from Cascade London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select few?

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting this info. My husband just received his 08/09 demand letter in the mail today (poor bugga doesn't know it yet), and after my initial panic I calmed down a bit when I found this forum and thread. We both operated through Cascade/Penfolds/DMS scheme, so I'm not sure why I've been spared at this point in time - my fear is my address in BrisVegas never made it to their system even though it was provided, and some demand notice with my name on it is lying in a bin outside an old London flat. Not sure what to do there... Does anyone know if all Cascade employees received the letter or just a select few? Any way I can find out if I'm on the hit list without inadvertently adding myself?

I've drafted an appeal letter for my husband to sign and send back (via registered mail!!), will post when I get any updates.

Thanks again and good luck everyone!

Comment

PM rights have been given to those who asked for them.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsOz Chubb View Post
        Hi guys,

Thanks for posting this info. My husband just received his 08/09 demand letter in the mail today (poor bugga doesn't know it yet), and after my initial panic I calmed down a bit when I found this forum and thread. We both operated through Cascade/Penfolds/DMS scheme, so I'm not sure why I've been spared at this point in time - my fear is my address in BrisVegas never made it to their system even though it was provided, and some demand notice with my name on it is lying in a bin outside an old London flat. Not sure what to do there... Does anyone know if all Cascade employees received the letter or just a select few? Any way I can find out if I'm on the hit list without inadvertently adding myself?

I've drafted an appeal letter for my husband to sign and send back (via registered mail!!), will post when I get any updates.

Hello MrsOz Chubb, I am in a similar situation. How would you feel about getting PM rights so I can get in touch.

GS

Comment

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
          Penfolds and us have done nothing wrong. Scheme was registered under DOTAS (as I can see from my tax return for 09-10 which was filed by KS).
          Charlton, Corfield & Corfield v HMRC

HMRC loses discovery cases at tribunal | AccountingWEB

Charlton & Ors v Revenue & Customs [2011] UKFTT 467 (TC) (13 July 2011)

HMRC Discovery powers «
          http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Hi guys,

Are you planning to reply yourself without Cascade/KS help? Why?

Comment

Hi guys,

Someone said that the letter was also online under their self assessment account. I would look for it there as not receiving the letter is probably not a valid excuse to HMRC.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In the same boat

Hi guys,

Hello, I am in the same boat. I have my letter, and my husband hasn't but i suspect its sitting at an old address. Can I please be kept in the loop of how to make this enquiry?

Comment

Hi guys,

For those who have not received the letter, speaking to Cascade they believe that its likely that everybody will receive the letter who was in the 08/09 tax year - they just seem to be coming in one at a time (starting last week).

You can check by logging into your self-assessment and checking to see if you the payment request there - if so you can safely say that the letter is coming. Might be worth checking what address HMRC have got to you as I doubt they are going to be very lenient on people who are late with their appeal.

Suggest you contact Cascade ASAP

Comment

We need all Cascade Contrator's together

This is one of those situations in which unity, trust and numbers will really help all. For example if we are 500 together and each offer £100 then we have a pot of £50,000 to fight against HMRC. So please spread the word and if you find anyone or you know someone who worked through cascade then request them to join this thread and get in touch with costo.

"United we stand, divided we fall" - Never sound more right to me then today

Comment

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
                      This is one of those situations in which unity, trust and numbers will really help all. For example if we are 500 together and each offer £100 then we have a pot of £50,000 to fight against HMRC. So please spread the word and if you find anyone or you know someone who worked through cascade then request them to join this thread and get in touch with costo.

"United we stand, divided we fall" - Never sound more right to me then today
                      Totally 100% agree with Varunksingh - anyone who is not in the group yet please Private Message either myself or Varunksingh and will add you to the list (if you cannot PM please ask admin's they are being most helpful).

Comment

Working...
                      X