• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TooBlue View Post
    There was Paysheme Ltd, Futurelink Ltd and Talent Holdings Ltd. I have all of the original paperwork sent to me from Talent if you need it prior to taking them up on their services in 2003.
    I'm interested to know one thing about Talent. Along with the management fee, there was a separate line item for 'Insurance' running at approx £48 per month in 2009. I really want to know what that insurance scheme was for and what it covers, and whether the insurers are on the hook for this scheme now being subject to tax/penalty.

Comment

ProbAbly find the insurance doc says they are not liable for any tax loss!

Comment

Anyone received the new loan charges letter today?

If I'm reading it correctly, all loans before Dec 2010 are no longer under charge.

I paid a settlement figure for charges between 2008 and 2010 so should be refunded that settlement figure.

Seems like quite a turn around if I have this right. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by dannyc09 View Post
          Anyone received the new loan charges letter today?

If I'm reading it correctly, all loans before Dec 2010 are no longer under charge.

I paid a settlement figure for charges between 2008 and 2010 so should be refunded that settlement figure.

Seems like quite a turn around if I have this right. Fingers crossed!
          Only if they were closed years settled, by voluntary restitution, from March 2016 onwards.

FAQ:
          https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...010-loans.html
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            Only if they were closed years settled, by voluntary restitution, from March 2016 onwards.

FAQ:
            https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...010-loans.html
            Mine were for 2008-10 following discovery letters. Guess that means no refund.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyc09 View Post
              Mine were for 2008-10 following discovery letters. Guess that means no refund.
              Afraid so.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                Afraid so.
                As long as they aren't after more!

Comment

Does anyone out there have any information as to the administration of the schemes?

I'm in the midst of settling with HMRC, but of course I need to ensure that any loans are written off within 30 days of settlement?

FWIW, my understanding was that the loans were written off as part of the scheme. Something tells me that they haven't been, as there's a new company Origin Wealth that's been formed that the guys at FutureLink are suggesting I talk to.

Comment

Originally posted by scubi View Post
                    Does anyone out there have any information as to the administration of the schemes?

I'm in the midst of settling with HMRC, but of course I need to ensure that any loans are written off within 30 days of settlement?

FWIW, my understanding was that the loans were written off as part of the scheme. Something tells me that they haven't been, as there's a new company Origin Wealth that's been formed that the guys at FutureLink are suggesting I talk to.

I'm in similar situation. I was under the impression that TRM loans were written off when they move to Cherrylon.

I paid an amount to HMRC 2008/2009 under duress where the year was under investigation. I was wondering if it is possible to appeal this ?

I've now a letter asking for a settlement for 2006/2007 which is a protected year.

Comment

how is that possible?

Originally posted by xtrail View Post
                      I'm in similar situation. I was under the impression that TRM loans were written off when they move to Cherrylon.

I paid an amount to HMRC 2008/2009 under duress where the year was under investigation. I was wondering if it is possible to appeal this ?

I've now a letter asking for a settlement for 2006/2007 which is a protected year.
                      How can hmrc ask for settlement for loans prior to 2010? They have been taken out of scope by the latest Finance Act ??

Comment

Working...
                      X