• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent Resource

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
    Those that have any open enquiry with HMRC or tax assessments under appeal should seek professional advice now.

If the current proposals for changes in tax legislation become law later this year, you will have limited time to respond and should use the interim period to prepare.

We are acting on behalf of many contractors already and can provide initial advice in confidence without charge or obligation.
    I have a enquiry regarding the payment via Talent Resource Management, can you advise on this please.

Comment

Hi

There's a TRM thread further down the page:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...g-schemes.html

Comment

New template letter to send to your MP

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/public-do...May%202014.doc

Comment

Voluntary settlement with HMRC

Now is perhaps a final opportunity to consider and, if appropriate, start voluntary settlement negotiations with HMRC to possibly avoid National Insurance, penalties, Follower and Accelerated Payment Notices.

Follow us on Twitter

Connect with us on LinkedIn

Comment

OFFS

Now is perhaps a final opportunity to consider and, if appropriate, start voluntary settlement negotiations with HMRC to possibly avoid National Insurance, penalties, Follower and Accelerated Payment Notices.

Follow us on Twitter

>avoid National Insurance, penalties, Follower and Accelerated Payment Notices.

....NICs do not, at present, apply.
            Future legislation relating to NICs will be unlikely to impact our existing cases. If they do - they could be applied retrospectively to even settled cases.

how does one avoid them? I spoke to HMRC last week who stated that, if APNs are paid within the 90 days, then penalties will not apply. Have I/they missed something?

If you pay now, then you won't get the FN or APN. But you won't save any money either.

Can you give an example, with numbers, of what the implications are?
            For example if HMRC estimate I owe £30,000 from 2009-2010 what are the implications of NOT negotiating now?

Comment

Follow us on Twitter

voluntary settlement negotiations with HMRC

At this juncture those words don't sit together at all. They are wrong on several levels.

Comment

HMRC Holding onto Advanced PT Overpayment

I was due a five figure refund from HMRC for an advanced payment, and they're refusing to refund and haven't provided a reason. Just stating they will let us know why (but not when). I think its called payment on account.

The refund was applied for using the online tool available on hmrc.gov

Any advice on the above?
                Last edited by IPMAN; 17 June 2014, 16:00.

Comment

Originally posted by IPMAN View Post
                  I was due a five figure refund from HMRC for an advanced payment, and they're refusing to refund and haven't provided a reason. Just stating they will let us know why (but not when). I think its called payment on account.

The refund was applied for using the online tool available on hmrc.gov

Any advice on the above?
                  No doubt offsetting against any open enquiries or DAs you may have.

Comment

Rangers EBT

Hi Folks,

Any views out there on the relevance of the result from the recent Rangers hearing? BBC news article here:
                    BBC News - Rangers: HMRC loses appeal over ruling in Big Tax Case

I had wondered whether the intention was to treat the Rangers case as a Test case and thus whether ex Edge Employees could take anything from this result?

Comment

Originally posted by pc101 View Post
                      Hi Folks,

Any views out there on the relevance of the result from the recent Rangers hearing? BBC news article here:
                      BBC News - Rangers: HMRC loses appeal over ruling in Big Tax Case

I had wondered whether the intention was to treat the Rangers case as a Test case and thus whether ex Edge Employees could take anything from this result?
                      I posted the same question a while back (pre Rangers Vs HMRC result), and the replies seemed to suggest that case would not necessarily be relevant to edge/ebt.

Somewhat surprising as the appeal letter supplied by MB and utilised by many, revolved around that very case.

I say your question is entirely relevant and hopefully the thread can move forward quite soon ...

That said, many here have committed financially to challenge HMRC as group and/or individually, so hey don't be too surprised if we receive response that is muted !
                      Last edited by IPMAN; 10 July 2014, 23:26.

Comment

Working...
                      X