• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    Sorry - don't understand what you're trying to ask here.

If you have no reportable position, then why is this a conversation anyway?
    If you have no documentation from the periods

Comment

Originally posted by Bunnyfuture View Post
      If you have no documentation from the periods
      So are you saying that you would like to report numbers for settlement or be forced to for the loan charge but have no data?

If so, you will need to supply a reasonable estimate based on your own bank statements or back solved from your then day rate.

Sorry, I'm struggling to understand your point and perhaps only adding to your confusion.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I think he’s got bugger all hard evidence of anything from that period apart from a dim and distant memory of being in a Scheme that HMRC want a real-life solid chunk of.

He’s got nothing, nada. No bank statements, no evidence of employment, not even the memory of his day rate. Nowt but the HMRC demand, so he has absolutely no proof that the demand is accurate or not.

HTH.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I think he’s got bugger all hard evidence of anything from that period apart from a dim and distant memory of being in a Scheme that HMRC want a real-life solid chunk of.

He’s got nothing, nada. No bank statements, no evidence of employment, not even the memory of his day rate. Nowt but the HMRC demand, so he has absolutely no proof that the demand is accurate or not.

HTH.
          Personally I would be reaching out to WTT/DSW(Graham/Phil) rather than my generic UK accountant. If not, raising a Subject Access Request with HMRC for the year in question(08/09?).

As the poster seems to be in Oz I think HMRC would have real trouble enforcing debts that far back - I am sure there have been some CUK threads on this? Of course, having UK property would enable HMRC to get round this.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

HTH.
            yes that is 100% correct, I have moved house numerous times in this period and now moved country, Banks are only legally bound to hold statements for 6 years - as per government recommendation. Even the bank account I used back then is now closed and I choose to go electronic very early anyway.
            I concluded my affairs in the UK in 2015.
            So it does make it problematic, all I have is some of the tax returns so I guess that is my basis.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              Personally I would be reaching out to WTT/DSW(Graham/Phil) rather than my generic UK accountant. If not, raising a Subject Access Request with HMRC for the year in question(08/09?).

As the poster seems to be in Oz I think HMRC would have real trouble enforcing debts that far back - I am sure there have been some CUK threads on this? Of course, having UK property would enable HMRC to get round this.
              I've engaged a tax lawyer rather than accountant - he does not think Subject access request will work for some reason.

08/09 is closed its the other years 03-08
              Waiting to hear back what he thinks of what I have cobbled together - yep its the property that makes it difficult. I just got it valued.
              ...thanks for responding, I know it does seem ridiculous that you have no proof of anything ...an unfortunate chain of events over the last 20 years that lead to this

Comment

Edge Trustees

If anyone knows who the current trustees of the Edge EBT could they PM me with the name. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fgj7899 View Post
                  If anyone knows who the current trustees of the Edge EBT could they PM me with the name. Thanks
                  You can get that with 30 minutes search of the internet.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                    You can get that with 30 minutes search of the internet.
                    Wish it was that easy. I've been looking for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post

I fear this is not true just seen a twitter post by Matt Hall that includes an copy of a letter sent by the Ato stating a foreign revenue aim had been registered

I fear many people in many juristrictions who have NO idea that this happening may be on the receiving end of such letters (and past the deadline)

Comment

Working...
                      X