• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original question

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Nope, I'm merely saying why people discuss 4 and 6 year windows....

Beyond that I'm merely an interested bystander.....
    Thanks for that.

But, this brings me back to the original question to be answered by anyone with relevant knowledge:

"is there now any importance in the 4 year window for Discovery Assessments ?"

Comment

Originally posted by sl4 View Post
      Thanks for that.

But, this brings me back to the original question to be answered by anyone with relevant knowledge:

"is there now any importance in the 4 year window for Discovery Assessments ?"
      Yes, it is important. In as much as it is a deadline which may or may not apply dependant upon the exact facts of any given case and how well declared the usage was and whether or not hmrc accept it was full disclosure etc.

An out of time asessment only stands if there is a valid reason for for making it; and that is the point that anybody receiving one can potentially challenge on.

The DA regime is not intended to allow HMRC another bite of the cherry if they have not followed procedures and letter of the law. But that is, as always, grey.

Comment

MPs exempt from legislation

seen this ?

Why should MPs be exempt from new law to block tax avoidance? – Telegraph Blogs

Comment

me thinks this should go viral to expose the double standards MP's apply - not only do they fiddle expenses they adopt a do as we say not as we do policy

Comment

Originally posted by ramzanamin View Post
            me thinks this should go viral to expose the double standards MP's apply - not only do they fiddle expenses they adopt a do as we say not as we do policy
            Good idea... now shared on Twitter and linked-in

Comment

Originally posted by lfcynwa View Post
              Good idea... now shared on Twitter and linked-in
              Yeah - let's use the immediacy of the interweb and social media to highlight something that happened three years ago. That'll work...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Yeah - let's use the immediacy of the interweb and social media to highlight something that happened three years ago. That'll work...
                what do you propose? Say nothing and let them get away with it? 3 years was long time ago

Comment

Well... you're a cheery soul. Depression is a terrible thing

Comment

Well the recent politico who got clobbered did the expenses "mistakes" some years ago, so no qualms about raising an issue only a few years old.

I for one would be happy if they had to follow the same rules the rest of us have to and face massive penalties (or criminal prosecution) if we make "errors".
                    Last edited by TykeMerc; 10 April 2014, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by ramzanamin View Post
                      what do you propose? Say nothing and let them get away with it? 3 years was long time ago
                      Yes but simply rehashing old news isn't going to work, or impress anyone. You need to find a new angle, like ms Miller's recent story, that wouldn't have happened if Parliament wasn't hell bent on stepping around the rules everyone else has to follow
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X