• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"if you do not comply with this informal request"

Ignore it.
    This is simply HMRC's next attempt to terrify you into settlement on their terms.
    And yes, they have been sent en-masse.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Been advised by HMRC to open a Judicial Review in order to get a re-assessment on a value they admit is wrong. This is due to me notifying them outside the 90 day limit.

Also received their representation decision letter late due to them sending the letter via a system slower than 2nd class mail. This is apparently the HMRC approved way of sending important life-changing letters.

They don't even care if they arrive or not - once posted apparently it's my f'ing responsibility to make sure it arrives - absolute joke.

Letter arrives with just one week to sort out payment - sent email saying "I now expect deadline to be 15th March unless you tell me IMMEDIATELY". Email read (I have a receipt and they admit it was read) - did I get any reply - did I hell. Get email on deadline day saying they won't move deadline and told that I will have to now appeal against any penalties.

Comment

APN withdrawn

Hi all,
        After complaining that HMRC had the P11D for the year in question and it was their duty of care to amass all information within theor organization before issuing the APN, they have sent a letter titled "Withdrawl of an accelerated payment notice".
        Stating that it was issued in error, no need to take any further action or make any payment in relation to the notice.
        Is this the end of it?
        There is an attached letter "Notice under Part 4, Chapter 3 of the Finance Act 2014" .. so have they reissued the APN under a new law?

Comment

Originally posted by killerbackhand View Post
          Hi all,
          After complaining that HMRC had the P11D for the year in question and it was their duty of care to amass all information within theor organization before issuing the APN, they have sent a letter titled "Withdrawl of an accelerated payment notice".
          Stating that it was issued in error, no need to take any further action or make any payment in relation to the notice.
          Is this the end of it?
          There is an attached letter "Notice under Part 4, Chapter 3 of the Finance Act 2014" .. so have they reissued the APN under a new law?
          This is epic news - I've been arguing this ever since the discovery assessments were issued - all falling on deaf ears. Now you say they have agreed that the discovery was invalid.

Is there anyway you can reproduce the letter you have received here? (minus the confidential bits of course) - or at least let us know from where the letter came from and the name of the person who sent it.

Something smacks of double standards here!!!!

Comment

Hi all,
            Is this the end of it?

Can I ask did HMRC issue the APN based on a a fictitious figure they made up eg 4 x income, and state they could not find the relevant P11d on their system?

Comment

They are saying that the APN is invalid, not the original DA

Comment

Originally posted by convict View Post
                They are saying that the APN is invalid, not the original DA
                But why did they withdraw the APN? My question was it because they hadn't used the P11d to calculate the amount of the APN?

Comment

No idea. Go back and ask for a closure notice and see what happens

Comment

Hi all,
                    Is this the end of it?
                    Did you complain in writing or in a phone call?

Comment

Hi all,
                      Is this the end of it?
                      Most importantly, you may want to find out exactly why they withdrew the APN. It sounds a bit fishy.
                      It might be that they did so only to reissue one (in which case you still win a new 90 days period and another shot a representation)
                      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X