• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fgj7899 View Post
    Wish it was that easy. I've been looking for ages.
    Me too. Can you please just name them here.

Comment

No, he can’t he isn’t allowed to.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

As indicated, such a post, even if made, would be taken down by the mods.

That is a practical and sensible protection for all concerned.

If your deductive skills are insufficient, then you will need to ask firms or people outside the forum for help.

We have that information. I suspect Phil at DSW does. It may be that others who have used Edge have it.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Endofdays View Post
          I fear this is not true just seen a twitter post by Matt Hall that includes an copy of a letter sent by the Ato stating a foreign revenue aim had been registered

I fear many people in many juristrictions who have NO idea that this happening may be on the receiving end of such letters (and past the deadline)
          Endofdays - could you pls send a link to twitter post? I’m in a similar boat and am worried if the ATO get involved it will be game over.

Comment

Originally posted by downunder View Post
            Endofdays - could you pls send a link to twitter post? I’m in a similar boat and am worried if the ATO get involved it will be game over.
            Just look on the guys twitter feed you’ll see it
            It’s a conversion of a doc so it does look bodged b
            It said to be authentic.

Comment

Happy New Year.

Hopefully this can be a year where we all put this carry on behind us.

I am in the process of settling with HMRC and need to get the Loans written off.

There are indications in previous pages that some internet searches can find them but I’ve had no luck (Edge/Norla/Green Bay?)

Does anybody know where the Trustees of the Norla/Edge scheme can be contacted?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                Happy New Year.

Hopefully this can be a year where we all put this carry on behind us.

I am in the process of settling with HMRC and need to get the Loans written off.

There are indications in previous pages that some internet searches can find them but I’ve had no luck (Edge/Norla/Green Bay?)

Does anybody know where the Trustees of the Norla/Edge scheme can be contacted?
                Yes.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I would leave settling to the latest possible moment

A good result in the House of Commons last night which means this nightmare is at least now going to get a proper review.

Judicial review is being instigated by LCAG may also stop it

Someone has stated that even if HMRC win the Judicial review it will result in a 5 year delay.

Plenty of time to sort yourself out and prepare for bankruptcy.

Hang fire - don't settle just yet.

Pretend you are going to though, just to keep the bastards busy

Comment

HMRC said my position was closed but 3 years on they have re-opened it.

hi - my first post here, I'll try to be brief.

I was in the Edge EBT scheme for 18 months during the tax years 2007/08 - 2008/09. In 2015 HMRC contacted me and offered me the Contractor Settlement Opportunity which I took (I realise now I perhaps should have fought/appealed but I was in a very low place at the time and wanted them off my back so I could move on with my life). They said I owed circa 9.5k in tax for tax year 2008/09 and asked me to provide any other information.

I paid the 9.5k and gave them full details of the two tax years that I was in the scheme. They wrote back thanking me for payment and said the following 'I note that you included details of loans received for the 2007-08 tax year, HMRC did not protect it's position within the required time limits and therefore no further action will be taken with this year'.

In June 2018 they wrote to me again asking the same question about the EBT in 2007/08. I replied with a copy of their own letter stating the above and drawing their attention to it, hoping that would be the end of the matter. However, just over a year later they have now written to me, not mentioning their previous stance/letter and giving me a month to agree to pay.

Is their letter of 2015 in which they say the matter is closed not worth anything in my defence?

Comment

Originally posted by Kent1515 View Post
                      However, just over a year later they have now written to me, not mentioning their previous stance/letter and giving me a month to agree to pay.
                      I'd write back again enclosing a copy of the 2015 letter.

One thing that might get them off your back is telling them that you will take it up with your Member of Parliament if they continue harassing you.

MPs regularly deal with HMRC, on behalf of constituents, and they are quite effective at slapping them down.

Comment

Working...
                      X