• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through Kinsella Solutions Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're the only people that know the innards of the scheme so I can't see how anyone but them could fight on our behalf.

Ive tried to find out what their plan is but they're not responding. This might not be a surprise if the are putting a case together.

You have to look at the downside individually of having them fight on your behalf.

Either you pay HMRC or find another tax advisor.

Seems like a no brainer to me but that's my circumstances.
    Last edited by retrodeath; 31 March 2014, 21:04.

Comment

upfront defence fund?

Originally posted by retrodeath View Post
      They're asking for £1k upfront with an estimated £1.5k, it was originally £2.5k. One other tax advisor I contacted is charging a lot more but who's to say the fight won't need more in the future.

You have to look at the downside individually of having them fight on your behalf.

Either you pay HMRC or find another tax advisor.

Seems like a no brainer to me but that's my circumstances.
      It takes minimal time to respond to an email. If they can't get it together to reply to you, do you really trust them to manage your £1K? Better to find other users and pool your resources.

Also please bear in mind that H M R C read these threads, so don't divulge anything you wouldn't want them to hear.
      Last edited by jbryce; 31 March 2014, 22:03.

Comment

PM Access

Originally posted by NotAmused View Post
        Admin can I have PM access pls?
        Admin, can I have PM access please

Comment

Campaigning against accelerated payment legislation.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...gislation.html

Comment

Keypack Kinsella

Hi
            Have also received an assessment

Mods
            Can you grant me email access please

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
              It takes minimal time to respond to an email. If they can't get it together to reply to you, do you really trust them to manage your £1K? Better to find other users and pool your resources.

Also please bear in mind that H M R C read these threads, so don't divulge anything you wouldn't want them to hear.
              Did you guys formed any pool? i would also like to join.

Comment

Any pool formed

Originally posted by costo View Post
                It's hard to know if the majority of people who are reading this thread are affected or not, regardless of if you are or are not affected your support in this matter is urgently needed.

What is being proposed in the consultancy document gives HMRC powers that allow them to judge people "guilty until proven innocent" and force money to be paid without any court hearing. Could you imagine if you suddenly got a bill for more money than you could possibly afford, that you would be forced to sell your family home or go bankrupt? If you have children can you imagine how this will affect them, when they have done nothing wrong?

If you can empathise, please please take just 5 mins to help us (final date to respond is the 24th of Feb), we need as many people to object to what is being proposed as possible - the last document (Raising the stakes on Tax Avoidance) only 31 people responded (most of those professional bodies), we need many many more.

The letter NTRT guys have put together can be used a template (or even just sign it and send it in)

Latest News | No To Retrospective Taxation

If you were in the situation some of us were in, would you not want to ask everyone possible to help?
                Did you guys formed any pool?

Comment

Hi Erhaab, I am in same situation. Want to PM you but not sure how to do it. I am new to this forum

Comment

Admin can I have PM access pls?

Comment

Kinsella / Keypay

Hi all - I too contracted through Kinsella then Keypay from 2006-2009 and received an investigation letter for 2008/9 to which I appealed. This weekend I received the Settlement "Opportunity" letter. I would be interested in joining together with others from this scheme. I have received advice from my tax accountants so far and have asked them what their advice is with regards the Settlement.

Comment

Working...
                      X