• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seminar on HMRC actions, EBT's and Tax Assessments/Enquiries/COP 8

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turnover
    If there was an insurance policy available to cover costs and tax liabilities for this I would sign up immediately however i dont think there is.

Like you the reality of the situation is that this will not go away and to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. So I will in the first instance get a CTD to stop any additional interest accrues for 08/09. I will then save every penny i have to ensure I have adequate money in place to weather any other potential liabilities.

Did anyone ask Michael how succesful he had been in terms of success at Tribunal, hearings etc? If the response is....you should of gone to the seminar...then fair enough!

Sorry what is a CTD? I too am saving every penny towards any further potential liabilities but with interest adding on all the time it means the goal post will be forever moving!

Comment

CTD - HMRC

Originally posted by Shrek77 View Post
      Sorry what is a CTD? I too am saving every penny towards any further potential liabilities but with interest adding on all the time it means the goal post will be forever moving!
      HM Revenue & Customs: The Certificate of Tax Deposit scheme
      "Under the Certificate of Tax Deposit scheme you can make deposits with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) for later use to pay off certain tax liabilities"

Comment

Originally posted by turnover
        If there was an insurance policy available to cover costs and tax liabilities for this I would sign up immediately however i dont think there is.

Like you the reality of the situation is that this will not go away and to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. So I will in the first instance get a CTD to stop any additional interest accrues for 08/09. I will then save every penny i have to ensure I have adequate money in place to weather any other potential liabilities.

Did anyone ask Michael how succesful he had been in terms of success at Tribunal, hearings etc? If the response is....you should of gone to the seminar...then fair enough!
        Is the outcome "view" of the seminar basically pessimistic then? Or is it just that there's little we can do but hope and wait? It's just that the tone of "the reality of the situation is that this will not go away" is somewhat unnerving, although I am certainly not naive to the possibility that I could be shelling out money to the HMRC in a few years.

Comment

Catching up with threads

I also missed the seminar but reading the thread it seems (as expected) we are in the sit and wait period.

Most have appealed, the government has written back to say it has deferred the tax liability (for now!) and is adding punitive interest.

I sense this will not go away and would be interested in establishing a 'fighting fund' as a collective fund will give us greater strength against the deep pockets of HMRC.

Comment

Sorry missed the seminar. I have provided availability in the doodle poll, but did not receive any confirmation of seminar. So thought it all went cold. But good to know that it did indeed happen. Would appreciate if anyone can throw some light on what happened at the seminar, or upload the video to youtube or so (selectively share the video). Happy to share the costs, if any.

Comment

willing to contribute

Hi Guys,

Im late to the party as post was sent to wrong address, HMRC are accepting my appeal and this is being sent now! I am happy to contribute to the fund also and fight this all the way!

Is there anyway we can purchase the presentation at all?

How long could this go on for?

Comment

Working...
              X