• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT/loan schemes managed by Montpelier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused

Hi, the MTM was self employed not employees, I left that early 2010 (thankfuly!).
    HMRC have lost the loan tribunals twice why are they allowed to appeal - hopefully
    they won't be allowed to use their time machine on this as well!

Comment

Is there a cut off time period before they cannot open a discovery for been on the MtM EBT scheme? Or can they use the time machine on this as well? Also has anyone that was on the MtM EBT scheme got an APN from using this scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyer View Post
        Is there a cut off time period before they cannot open a discovery for been on the MtM EBT scheme? Or can they use the time machine on this as well? Also has anyone that was on the MtM EBT scheme got an APN from using this scheme?
        Depends on the tax year. Discovery time limits have changed over the years.

The scheme wasn't disclosed under DOTAS so it's not on the list for APNs.

Comment

Why can't 'someone' use the timing of DRL circa 2010 and say every SE thing before that date is kosher? Why the need to hang about.

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
            Why can't 'someone' use the timing of DRL circa 2010 and say every SE thing before that date is kosher? Why the need to hang about.
            Err...... Because they want money? And with power in their hands they can get the money

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
              Err...... Because they want money? And with power in their hands they can get the money
              I mean 'someone' applying on our behalf to get things closed off - is there a case for this? E types have got APNs but SE types via Monty have not been challenged. The CCW circular further emphasises the pre DRL exclusion. Might be an extra for the CCW posse to examine.

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
                I mean 'someone' applying on our behalf to get things closed off - is there a case for this? E types have got APNs but SE types via Monty have not been challenged. The CCW circular further emphasises the pre DRL exclusion. Might be an extra for the CCW posse to examine.
                That is all that goes through my head every day. I done one year in 2009 after switching from the previous scheme on WG advice and all I do is worry about this one as I just about have the other one covered. I counted the months then years since I left it and think am I ok now or not. I have a friend that joined AML and I warned them it could happen and now they have their APNs, they are in bits, but still keep using AML. I guess it's like a drug......

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyer View Post
                  That is all that goes through my head every day. I done one year in 2009 after switching from the previous scheme on WG advice and all I do is worry about this one as I just about have the other one covered. I counted the months then years since I left it and think am I ok now or not. I have a friend that joined AML and I warned them it could happen and now they have their APNs, they are in bits, but still keep using AML. I guess it's like a drug......
                  I don't think it's a drug but a need to wake up and realise that you are only prolonging the agony. AML promised me around Dec 2010 they will look after any issues HMRC raise and no need to worry...took me another year to realise I was being stupid in believing them as more and more legilsation was being aimed at EBT schemes. It's a sales spin to stay with them, they will look after you blah blah...
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
                    I don't think it's a drug but a need to wake up and realise that you are only prolonging the agony. AML promised me around Dec 2010 they will look after any issues HMRC raise and no need to worry...took me another year to realise I was being stupid in believing them as more and more legilsation was being aimed at EBT schemes. It's a sales spin to stay with them, they will look after you blah blah...
                    How long till AML lose all their income and they fold up and run, that crosses my mind. Back to the point we were on MtM EBT and will this time bomb explode or will someone or something defuse for those on it till 2010..... Five years plus now and nothing from Brannigan and his gang on this.... My mind roles am I in the clear because it was pukka or will they use the time machine.... I hope the monster raving looney party wins tonight...

Comment

APNs

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                      The scheme wasn't disclosed under DOTAS so it's not on the list for APNs.
                      Ah, finally found the right thread! Is this the only reason MP users haven't received APNs for 08/09 onwards?
                      http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X