• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT/loan schemes managed by Montpelier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, your saying that you're not under enquiry for any year you were in the loan scheme, or those you know who were also in the scheme? I thought that following being caught by S58 you'd automatically have enquiries opened for each and every subsequent year.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post
      So, your saying that you're not under enquiry for any year you were in the loan scheme, or those you know who were also in the scheme? I thought that following being caught by S58 you'd automatically have enquiries opened for each and every subsequent year.
      From what I have asked and found out, the loan scheme is not DOTAS registered and they we are not been done at the moment. To be honest I have no idea. All I can do is try and raise the money and put it by I guess. Thing is the accruing interest on it that is a real issue. Someone told me once that 2008/2009 was OK on the loan scheme, and it is the years after that where they will get you. Any idea if that is true or not?

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
        so NTRT doing a fab job with the BN66 stuff ...but for the loan scheme with MTM ... should we be joining the BIG GROUP .. or stick with MTM ?
        Or both.

If MTM is free and BG cheap, why not do both?
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          Or both.

If MTM is free and BG cheap, why not do both?
          So what if you done the MTM loan scheme and never heard anything from HMRC?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyer View Post
            From what I have asked and found out, the loan scheme is not DOTAS registered and they we are not been done at the moment. To be honest I have no idea. All I can do is try and raise the money and put it by I guess. Thing is the accruing interest on it that is a real issue. Someone told me once that 2008/2009 was OK on the loan scheme, and it is the years after that where they will get you. Any idea if that is true or not?
            If the scheme is not DOTAS, then no APN (for the moment).
            If you have not had an enquiry letter/discovery assessment, no liability for periods before 2011/12.
            If you remain worried about interest (3% pa) put the cash "by" in the form of a Certificate of Tax Deposit that will effectively stop the interest accruing.
            No idea about 08/09 onwards on your scheme

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyer View Post
              So what if you done the MTM loan scheme and never heard anything from HMRC?
              If you have no enquiry open, join neither.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                If the scheme is not DOTAS, then no APN (for the moment).
                If you have not had an enquiry letter/discovery assessment, no liability for periods before 2011/12.
                If you remain worried about interest (3% pa) put the cash "by" in the form of a Certificate of Tax Deposit that will effectively stop the interest accruing.
                No idea about 08/09 onwards on your scheme
                So if no enquiry for April 2009 to April 2011 you are ok? After that I assume the laws changed and you can be done, is that correct? Is that what you are saying? What if you were investigated for other years prior to this on another scheme? Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                X