• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry for schemes through Darwin.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snowfall View Post
    I have also received a Notice of Assessment for The Darwinpay Partnership for 2010-2011 under the discovery provisions of Section 29 Taxes Management Act 1970.

I was too pointed towards Contractor Helpdesk who has emailed me info.

Are there many others in the same boat who used Darwin? This thread doesn't seem to have many replies.
    I'm in the same boat, they have it covering two years 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. Again, it's a fairly hefty demand. HMRC have indicated that it's in relation to 'tax evasion'. I've lodged an appeal and want to know what the next steps are.

Comment

Darwinpay Darwin hamilton trust assessments / discoveries

Originally posted by Nocaster View Post
      I'm in the same boat, they have it covering two years 2009-2010 and 2010-2011. Again, it's a fairly hefty demand. HMRC have indicated that it's in relation to 'tax evasion'. I've lodged an appeal and want to know what the next steps are.
      Register here for collective action and advice (scroll to bottom of page and select appropriate query) w ww.chslimited.co.uk - Contractor Helpdesk
      Last edited by cojak; 5 February 2014, 18:41. Reason: amended URL to show people what they are clicking

Comment

Originally posted by JMGB View Post
        Register here for collective action and advice (scroll to bottom of page and select appropriate query) w ww.chslimited.co.uk - Contractor Helpdesk
        I let this post through because I thought it was posting an already mentioned scheme's helpdesk.

This appears not to be the case and so I have amended the URL to show people what the website is and to remove the link - it looks like a straight advertisement.

Just thought I'd let you know.

(Oh, and a note to JMGB - replace that URL at your peril...)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by JMGB View Post
          Your website shows that you're based in the Isle of Man - is this a case of poacher turned game keeper?
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Update

Originally posted by LordF View Post
            I had a letter from HMRC back in November 2012 advising of investigation under Code of Practice 8 (Re Tax Avoidance Scheme with Darwin Partnership) - related to my 2010/11 tax return.

I did not contact the HMRC, and contacted Darwin and they referred me to Contractor Help Desk and they forwarded my letter to Cobham Murphy.

No further contacts from HMRC since. No request for any payments either.
            Hi, any further correspondence? Was it Hamilton Trust you were with via Darwin. I have heard nothing from the trustees of that trust having contacted them.

Comment

poacher and gamekeeper !!

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              Your website shows that you're based in the Isle of Man - is this a case of poacher turned game keeper?
              w ww.chslimited.co.uk appears to be in same Bldg as Darwin/Sanzar or should I say the re-incarnation thereof.

Comment

In that is it does appear to be their help desk.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This will also effect those who used Darwin

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post1885793

Comment

Template letter for responding to HMRC consultation

NTRT have prepared a template letter for people to respond to the consultation. Please alter it in your own words.

Latest News | No To Retrospective Taxation

Some people will say it won't count if everyone sends similar letters but HMRC will have to report to the Minister how many responses they got. So every letter does count.

Comment

Help Needed

It's hard to know if the majority of people who are reading this thread are affected or not, regardless of if you are or are not affected your support in this matter is urgently needed.

What is being proposed in the consultancy document gives HMRC powers that allow them to judge people "guilty until proven innocent" and force money to be paid without any court hearing. Could you imagine if you suddenly got a bill for more money than you could possibly afford, that you would be forced to sell your family home or go bankrupt? If you have children can you imagine how this will affect them, when they have done nothing wrong?

If you can empathise, please please take just 5 mins to help us (final date to respond is the 24th of Feb), we need as many people to object to what is being proposed as possible - the last document (Raising the stakes on Tax Avoidance) only 31 people responded (most of those professional bodies), we need many many more.

The letter NTRT guys have put together can be used a template (or even just sign it and send it in)

Latest News | No To Retrospective Taxation

If you were in the situation some of us were in, would you not want to ask everyone possible to help?

Comment

Working...
                      X