• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry Letters for Choice Premier / Berwick Associates/ Runnymede Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Axeman View Post
    Did any of you guys get the latest missive from MJK - letter dated 27th October? If so could you PM me please with your thoughts about how to proceed?

Thanks
    Would love to but I'm not seeing any mailme or sendpm buttons. Maybe because I'm newly registered? Help!

Comment

My thoughts are stay very careful with what MJP says

Comment

Hi,
        I'd also like to know what others are doing with regard to this demand. Doesn't seem right to me but what do I know.
        Where are the mailme or sendpm buttons ?

Comment

I for one is preparing for APN but not looking at settling. Settling has no benefit and though HMRC will force us to paying using APNs, ultimately they will have to prove it in court. Our group is progressing to FTT and if your group is not, start the process. Legally HMRC has present any good argument until now and EBT cases in courts have all been in Tax payer's favor. Tribunal is the only way, HMRC will leave us alone

Comment

@retrodeath Is Michael J Perry same MJK - accountant on here offering help to contactors? And charging an arm and a leg!

I have Nothing to do with MJK. Promotors of my schemes are going to FTT. I would think all groups must be progressing to FTT as their is no other option.

That said, based on what MJK have been advising, I doubt his group is getting facts and might still be keeping head in sand or following his advise.

Comment

HMRC Enquiry Letters for Choice Premier / Berwick Associates

Sorry I thought MJP a and MJK were same. I was not in Berwick scheme

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
                Sorry I thought MJP a and MJK were same. I was not in Berwick scheme
                MJP.... Stay well clear

Comment

2012-13 HMRC Enquiry of Choice Premier / Berwick

Hi,

I recently received a letter from HMRC for the tax year 2012-13.

90% of the questions are around the FOREX Loan System of Choice Premier.

How the loans were applied for, if they had been repaid, repayment details, who decided the currency and so on....

Did anyone else get this letter?

I know the tax year 2011-12 is already under full investigation and no decision has been made yet, I have had conversations with other members and it seems Berwick/MJK have provided HMRC with information they require but CP are no so forthcoming with information.

Is this just a fishing letter from HMRC ? I have been given a time frame to reply to HMRC but so far haven't had much back from CP or Berwick.

Be good to hear from anyone in the same boat or any views.

Cheers

Comment

FX Loans

I have not received the letter yet, as I have recently moved house & I think it might be missing/delayed in the post. What is the gist of it?

As far as I remember we were given full receipts of all FX trades from the broker, and I have kept all of these. These seem completely genuine to me - are you saying they are not being accepted unless they come from Choice Premier?

Does anyone know what the story is with Choice Premier? Are they completely off the radar now...?

Has Mike Kerridge been handling this case with HMRC?

Originally posted by retrodeath
                    Judging from the email I just received it looks like HMRC have made a decision about 2010/11 and they are using Boyle unless we can prove the FX and loans were genuine. They are not accepting the documentation we received on the basis it could have been created by anyone. They want evidence of trades/loans but as Choice Premier are responding we are stuffed I think. He also talks about 50% penalties plus another 50% if you didn't list FX trades etc on return. I will be bankrupt.

Comment

1) forex existed in real.
                      2) exchange rate was real.
                      3) fx conversion happened in real like all the other real world transactions.

If above 3 r correct and you can prove it, u will win in court otherwise pay up and don't fight follower notice.

Comment

Working...
                      X