• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry Letters for Choice Premier / Berwick Associates/ Runnymede Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jases1000,

I tried to send you a private message, but it appears you are not set up yet. Please can you get the admins to set you up, and then drop me a line.

- Shevlane

Originally posted by Jases1000 View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum but also caught up in the Keypay and Forex enquiries. Following MJKs mails re the withholding of profit figures until fees are settled I'd be very interested to understand how people have approached this situation.

Comment

Hi there, a newbie here and a confused one. I am currently with CP and have also had an HMRC query for 2012-2013 self assessment return about loans. I had also received a similar message from MJK - 'withholding of profit figures until fees are settled'. My understanding was the MJK was being paid by CP and hence any monies outstanding should be requested from CP and not individual members.

As MJK was withholding profit figures, I assumed that they would not help with the HMRC query for 2012/2013 and got assistance instead form CP. I have submitted answers to all the queries HMRC had raised (including my bank statements - which i understand from this thread could have been challenged).

Waiting with baited breath to hear the outcome......

Comment

Hi Confused001,

Could you please get the admins to set you up with private message rights, and then drop me a line? I might be able to help.

- Shevlane

Originally posted by Confused001 View Post
        Hi there, a newbie here and a confused one. I am currently with CP and have also had an HMRC query for 2012-2013 self assessment return about loans. I had also received a similar message from MJK - 'withholding of profit figures until fees are settled'. My understanding was the MJK was being paid by CP and hence any monies outstanding should be requested from CP and not individual members.

Comment

2013-14

I now have received a Compliance check letter for 2013-2014 demanding more documents, including timeshheets from HMRC (similarly worded from what is mentioned earlier on this thread).

I have always been a spectator to this forum, and it was just when I joined CP joined this thread has started. Somehow, when I looked up online about CP this thread did not comeup. Now Iam regretting. Not much time to respond and clearly Iam confused.
          It may be just a hassle from HMRC, and fully legal as per CP, who is trying send a response for all partners to HMRC. Strangely all of the partners left the LLP in 2014.

Any advice and update from contractors who were in same situation in 2011, 2012 and 2013, is much appreciated.

Comment

Ah yes, of course! There's a bank holiday coming up isn't there!? We should have expected a cheery greeting from our friends at HMRC!

When mine arrives I'll be scanning it and sending it straight to MJK. This will no doubt be followed by a substantial bill and letter of engagement but it should give us some breathing space.

Comment

MJK gravy train / cash grab

Can I ask those on the Berwick scheme...

Have you all had a bill asking for more money (£500), and have you paid?

Ta,
              FC

Comment

FC,

I just PMed you. Hopefully answers your questions :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Axeman View Post
                  FC,

I just PMed you. Hopefully answers your questions :-)
                  Thanks Axeman.

Out of interest, why PM the answer as opposed to posting? Isn't that the point of the forum that info is shared openly?

Comment

Originally posted by flatcap View Post
                    Thanks Axeman.

Out of interest, why PM the answer as opposed to posting? Isn't that the point of the forum that info is shared openly?
                    If you want HMRC to read all of your comings and goings, post away...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I'm not sure this accurately reflects the situation. Anyone wanting to know the latest position should contact MJK.

<admin note>This post is in response to a post that has been removed</admin note>
                      Last edited by administrator; 1 June 2015, 11:26. Reason: Clarity

Comment

Working...
                      X