• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you been involved in a marketed tax avoidance scheme?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by convict View Post
    Fine, and that's a very valid point but the general feeling is that the programme makers will have their own agenda and it won't be compatible with that of scheme users caught up in this mess.
    All programme makers have an agenda but a programme about heavy handed tactics from HRMC which are legally questionable would probably be a much more interesting concept than another "tax avoidance is a moral scandal" programme.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

From what I've heard the programme is going to be "fly on the wall" rather than investigative journalism.

One of the areas they will be covering is tax investigations and I assume they want to show this from the taxpayer's side as well as HMRC's.

It's hard to see how anyone who's used a tax avoidance scheme would come out of this looking good, no matter how heavy handed HMRC have been. HMRC will be seen as good cops pursuing tax cheats.
      Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 26 March 2014, 12:09.

Comment

Working...
      X