• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finance Bill Committee - Accelerated Payment Legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by convict View Post
    Its also kicking off on LBC with Nick Ferrari as well now. Maybe the implications are starting to sink in
    Whilst this can only be a good thing, are we sure this will have any affect on the Retrospective or APN part of the bill ? I fear not. Maybe this is a ploy by the Government to deflect the public's attention to the account raiding part of the bill, which could possibly end up being scrapped, to allow the Retro and APN part to go through, as this is where they expect to be more successful !!
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
      Whilst this can only be a good thing, are we sure this will have any affect on the Retrospective or APN part of the bill ? I fear not. Maybe this is a ploy by the Government to deflect the public's attention to the account raiding part of the bill, which could possibly end up being scrapped, to allow the Retro and APN part to go through, as this is where they expect to be more successful !!
      ...it's also worth pointing out that retrospection/APN/Follower notices etc. will be subject to legal challenge. They may try and push it through, but it won't be a slam dunk.

Comment

Nail firmly hit on head.

The govt. control the press. A story like this wouldn't be the headline of every newspaper and media outlet if there wasn't a hidden agenda.

Still, I'll use it as a launchpad to talk about the real issue when I see my MP today
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Exactly what government it trying. I just met my MP - a conservative and I don't think he was fully aware of the bill.

Meeting him I feel if this passed is current form it will not be just because of Mr Guake but also because of 1000s of those who are getting affect but are not taking their fingers out and meeting with MPs

Comment

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
            Exactly what government it trying. I just met my MP - a conservative and I don't think he was fully aware of the bill.

Meeting him I feel if this passed is current form it will not be just because of Mr Guake but also because of 1000s of those who are getting affect but are not taking their fingers out and meeting with MPs
            Hi Varun

good posts recently and you've prompted me into action. I have made an appointment to meet my local MP (also a Tory) to discuss the accelerated payment legislation (the account raiding part of the bill). It was easy to book a meeting in one of his surgery's and I would urge all contractors on this board to do the same, it might just have an impact!

Jez

Comment

Great Jez. I hope others follow. I am sure even Mr Gauke will not be able to look eye to eye and say what he is purposing is legal and correct.

Comment

Has anyone been to see the Fareham MP yet? Trying to organise now.

Comment

Well done to all that have sprung into action and arranged to meet their local MP!
                  The campaign is starting to gain some momentum, but more people need to join for us to make a difference.
                  We are preparing a cheat sheet of points to keep in mind when meeting your MP face to face, so stay tuned.

www.dotas-scandal.org
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

MP Visit

Meeting my MP this weekend. Printed out summary from a number of posts across various threads in this forum.

Hoping to explain the unfair suffering this legislation will bring, to me and my young family.

Particularly from the point that EBTs have yet to be proven illegal and the fact that should they stand the test of the court again, all the suffering my family would've gone through will be for no good reason.

Hope this plea opens his mind to the atrocipous possibilities this legislatioin has on normal law abiding people.

Comment

Financial Times: “Osborne must not exploit public anger to make bad law”

http://tinyurl.com/lc9dqwh

www.dotas-scandal.org
                      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X