• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying in the same public sector contract after April 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seeourbee View Post
    So this was released today. I haven't read it all but am I right in thinking that a "worker" (which is what I expect the new PS contracts will imply in IR35 bound contracts) is entitled to paid salary (para 1.ii, 3.i and 12)

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...us-review-2015
    Yes, but whats your point?

Comment

Originally posted by daemon View Post
      +1

She is indeed
      Is she though? Has the chain of payment stuff been cleared up? I wasn't aware that it had been.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by daemon View Post
        Yes, but whats your point?
        Mainly that the worker, you, would get paid holiday. That's a very big financial plus right there.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
          Is she though? Has the chain of payment stuff been cleared up? I wasn't aware that it had been.
          I don't think she is.

I know contractors who are hired by a services company to work on a government contract awarded to said service company. They're all being asked to sign new "off payroll" contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by adubya View Post
            I don't think she is.

I know contractors who are hired by a services company to work on a government contract awarded to said service company. They're all being asked to sign new "off payroll" contracts.
            Yeah but this is Cap Gem. Think about it.

Comment

... put me out of my misery.

Are you saying she's right in the literal sense of what she said, or are you saying that this feeds in to a larger conspiracy that the big IT service providers would get a cushy exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Pherlopolus View Post
                surely you would be contracting to Capgemini rather than HMRC, so you would actually be in private sector role - working for a consultancy?
                Nope it's still a bum on seat in hmrc so probably inside.

Worse hmrc was offering £600 a day for these roles back in October
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It all depends on the nature of the supply. The best explanation I have seen to date is here.

IR35 reforms: Where consultancies are caught :: Contractor UK
                  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Staying in the same public sector contract after April 2017

Something like that. Either way make sure on the wording of your contract. The big consultancies are going to be looked after, just the way it has been for years (regardless about how I feel about that). If the letter of the law was taken into consideration then I suppose there's a chance they could deem you inside 35, but no one has the resources for that and they aren't going to annoy CG with that.
                    Last edited by seeourbee; 9 February 2017, 13:28.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Nope it's still a bum on seat in hmrc so probably inside.

Worse hmrc was offering £600 a day for these roles back in October
                      And now they will likely be paying around £1250.

You couldn't make it up
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X