• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 post April 2020: Choosing a legitimate Umbrella

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get a load of deleted posts?

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse17 View Post
      I get a load of deleted posts?
      I'm not sure if my FAQ answers your question or not - http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...bout-ir35.html

If not, let me know - I'm away enjoying an a free holiday at the moment and limited to only using my phone occasionally but I'm happy to try to help if I can.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks - had just found it! Appreciate your efforts.

Comment

Does anyone know of any umbrella company that allows you to pay into your own SIPP as opposed to using their "default provider scheme". Have tried a few and no luck so far.

Finding this would help with any transition from Ltd Co. to Umbrella.
          Leave: "To remove oneself from association with or participation in"

Comment

Originally posted by drob1984 View Post
            Does anyone know of any umbrella company that allows you to pay into your own SIPP as opposed to using their "default provider scheme". Have tried a few and no luck so far.

Finding this would help with any transition from Ltd Co. to Umbrella.
            No. They generally don't care about doing anything more than the absolute minimum to meet legislation.

That said Contractor Umbrella used to allow you to put as much as you want in to their scheme. Once you are done you just transfer it to your SIPP.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              No. They generally don't care about doing anything more than the absolute minimum to meet legislation.

That said Contractor Umbrella used to allow you to put as much as you want in to their scheme. Once you are done you just transfer it to your SIPP.
              WNLUKS.

it was scottish widows IIRC and no transfer fees either.

Comment

quick follow up on the pension angle

(51 and looking at 55 with interest)

... can you put ALL of your earnings in the brolly into your SIPP .. is there not a 40k limit ?

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
                  quick follow up on the pension angle

(51 and looking at 55 with interest)

... can you put ALL of your earnings in the brolly into your SIPP .. is there not a 40k limit ?
                  You can put all in but you'll only get tax relief on the first 40k.

Possibility of backdating it if you've been in the scheme for previous years but I'd assume that as we are talking about new brollies then this isn't an option.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    You can put all in but you'll only get tax relief on the first 40k.

Possibility of backdating it if you've been in the scheme for previous years but I'd assume that as we are talking about new brollies then this isn't an option.

ah ok ... sadly used the earlier years as part of the loan charge pension workaround (c/o Loan ranger)

btw thanks for the ii tips on the pension threads ... been using them

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
                      The brolly will have to net you National Minimum Wage over that fill your boots

As Northern Lad said, you can pay more that £40k in via the brolly, but they will claw back the tax over that through self-assessment probably or your tax code!

Comment

Working...
                      X