IR35 post April 2020: Choosing a legitimate Umbrella IR35 post April 2020: Choosing a legitimate Umbrella - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I get a load of deleted posts?

  2. #22

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse17 View Post
    I get a load of deleted posts?
    I'm not sure if my FAQ answers your question or not - http://forums.contractoruk.com/publi...bout-ir35.html

    If not, let me know - I'm away enjoying an a free holiday at the moment and limited to only using my phone occasionally but I'm happy to try to help if I can.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

  3. #23

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Thanks - had just found it! Appreciate your efforts.

  4. #24

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Does anyone know of any umbrella company that allows you to pay into your own SIPP as opposed to using their "default provider scheme". Have tried a few and no luck so far.

    Finding this would help with any transition from Ltd Co. to Umbrella.

  5. #25

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drob1984 View Post
    Does anyone know of any umbrella company that allows you to pay into your own SIPP as opposed to using their "default provider scheme". Have tried a few and no luck so far.

    Finding this would help with any transition from Ltd Co. to Umbrella.
    No. They generally don't care about doing anything more than the absolute minimum to meet legislation.

    That said Contractor Umbrella used to allow you to put as much as you want in to their scheme. Once you are done you just transfer it to your SIPP.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  6. #26

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    8,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    No. They generally don't care about doing anything more than the absolute minimum to meet legislation.

    That said Contractor Umbrella used to allow you to put as much as you want in to their scheme. Once you are done you just transfer it to your SIPP.
    WNLUKS.

    it was scottish widows IIRC and no transfer fees either.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  7. #27

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    258

    Default

    quick follow up on the pension angle


    (51 and looking at 55 with interest)

    ... can you put ALL of your earnings in the brolly into your SIPP .. is there not a 40k limit ?

  8. #28

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    quick follow up on the pension angle


    (51 and looking at 55 with interest)

    ... can you put ALL of your earnings in the brolly into your SIPP .. is there not a 40k limit ?
    You can put all in but you'll only get tax relief on the first 40k.

    Possibility of backdating it if you've been in the scheme for previous years but I'd assume that as we are talking about new brollies then this isn't an option.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #29

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    You can put all in but you'll only get tax relief on the first 40k.

    Possibility of backdating it if you've been in the scheme for previous years but I'd assume that as we are talking about new brollies then this isn't an option.

    ah ok ... sadly used the earlier years as part of the loan charge pension workaround (c/o Loan ranger)

    btw thanks for the ii tips on the pension threads ... been using them

  10. #30

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ipswich, Suffolk
    Posts
    622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    ... can you put ALL of your earnings in the brolly into your SIPP .. is there not a 40k limit ?
    The brolly will have to net you National Minimum Wage over that fill your boots

    As Northern Lad said, you can pay more that £40k in via the brolly, but they will claw back the tax over that through self-assessment probably or your tax code!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •