• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Article on El Reg regarding PS IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Article on El Reg regarding PS IR35

UK government departments are advising IT contractors to hike their fees by a fifth in order to avert an exodus of self-employed techies that will be hit by a forthcoming tax clampdown, multiple sources have told The Register.

UK.gov tells freelance techies to slap 20 per cent on fees as IR35 tax hike looms • The Register

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    UK government departments are advising IT contractors to hike their fees by a fifth in order to avert an exodus of self-employed techies that will be hit by a forthcoming tax clampdown, multiple sources have told The Register.

UK.gov tells freelance techies to slap 20 per cent on fees as IR35 tax hike looms • The Register
    Yeah, that will work...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

sounds low compared to an offer I heard about...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What surprised me was the fact there are 18 000 IT contractors in the civil service - wow we. 20% rate increase would be if the average day rate was £300/day that equates to an extra £1.08 million per day that is per day!! £300 million per year.

Comment

Originally posted by difficulttimes View Post
          What surprised me was the fact there are 18 000 IT contractors in the civil service - wow we. 20% rate increase would be if the average day rate was £300/day that equates to an extra £1.08 million per day that is per day!! £300 million per year.
          Ah, but obviously the extra taxes will cover that
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Bloke in the pub told me that a certain central government department are offering a 10% increase.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
              Bloke in the pub told me that a certain central government department are offering a 10% increase.
              Any takers?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Any takers?
                He was considering it - he's on a pretty decent rate and figured "splitting the difference" was "fair". My view was that if you are outside (as he almost certainly is) then you shouldn't need to compromise. I believe he's outside 24 months for expenses, so that's not a consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
                  He was considering it - he's on a pretty decent rate and figured "splitting the difference" was "fair". My view was that if you are outside (as he almost certainly is) then you shouldn't need to compromise. I believe he's outside 24 months for expenses, so that's not a consideration.
                  He should get a permanent job there then and get a decent pension.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    sounds low compared to an offer I heard about...
                    Why do you think they're advising it. Duh!
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X