• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newbieITContractor2015 View Post
    You're right I'm not a ir35 guru, hence my questions here.

Northern lad you mentioned something about me not taking advice and how I should have done things differently, please elaborate.

I have company insurance, a qdos checked website, multiple clients (although 1 main client), marketing, don't get employee benefits and I use a mixture of customer and company equipment - what am I supposed to be doing differently to be fully outside ir35?

I think I'll just weigh my options up mid March and cancel the contract if needed (the end customer in this case determines ir35 status)
    You were told how to conduct yourself in another thread.

You are welcome to ask questions but don't expect people to continually answer the same ones and to spoon feed you.

Also you need to give notice in sufficient time to ensure your last payment doesn't come on or after 5th April. If they were anything like my last PS client when I was on weekly payments then leave 2 additional weeks.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You're right I'm not a ir35 guru, hence my questions here.

Northern lad you mentioned something about me not taking advice and how I should have done things differently, please elaborate.
      I've already elaborated in post 4. You posted another thread awhile back where you were playing tickbox IR35 without understanding it. I mentioned in that thread that you should be reading up and understanding IR35 rather than just throwing odd topics at us without thinking or understanding why. You've come back and are again just throwing random stuff at us that would be pretty simple to answer if you had started to understand IR35. The using kit one is mentioned in many IR35 articles for a start.

I have company insurance, a qdos checked website, multiple clients (although 1 main client), marketing, don't get employee benefits and I use a mixture of customer and company equipment - what am I supposed to be doing differently to be fully outside ir35?
      Understanding it. Again more tickboxes and no understanding.

I think I'll just weigh my options up mid March and cancel the contract if needed (the end customer in this case determines ir35 status)
      You do realize from reading all the threads on here (you've done that haven't you?) that your payment in April will be hit. If you leave mid March you are going to join 1000's of other contractors? Gigs will be a bit think on the ground for awhile.

You just seem to be glossing over everything without fully understanding it. To be fair we see it a lot but that doesn't make it acceptable. You need to understand what you do, why and how and you won't need to answer many of your questions and also possibly be aware of many other things that you weren't before. IMO your biggest danger is D&C and part and parcel. If you don't understand IR35 you won't know how to act on clients site.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ok, noted.

On the ir35 if it's all about working practices, how does hmrc determine your working practices - ask the end client, follow you in the office for a few weeks, take your word on it, consult a black book?

Comment

Ok, noted.

On the ir35 if it's all about working practices, how does hmrc determine your working practices - ask the end client, follow you in the office for a few weeks, take your word on it, consult a black book?
          yes, no, no and if that black book is case law then yes.

Although working practices do trump contract the contract has to have your main pillars of defense in there to start etc... It's more than just looking at one thing.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ok, noted.

If you're in London, there's an IR35 event tonight.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lets-...ts-31643726237

Comment

Thanks, unfortunately I can't make it tonight, but will keep an eye out and do some more reading.

Comment

Working...
              X