• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24th Feb deadline for handing in your notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20th of March, if you are able to invoice weekly

Comment

Originally posted by MrStu View Post
      20th of March, if you are able to invoice weekly
      Nope it depends on your billing terms and your resignation terms.

For those on 4 weeks notice with monthly billing it's already gone. For those on 0 days notice and 1 week terms it's march 24th with payment march 31st unless your agency is offering payment on Wednesday April 5th
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

For those on 4 weeks notice with monthly billing it's already gone. For those on 0 days notice and 1 week terms it's march 24th with payment march 31st unless your agency is offering payment on Wednesday April 5th
        That isn't the way the agency I'm through pays invoices. For me, I definitely have to give notice on the 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by MrStu View Post
          That isn't the way the agency I'm through pays invoices. For me, I definitely have to give notice on the 20th.
          Same here. 4 weeks notice and weekly billing.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

+1

I'm giving my weeks notice to the agency on 17th March, last day 24th March, payment 31st March.

Comment

Sorry to post a stupid question but if you have zero days notice but monthly payment terms what would be the end date? I'm guessing the end of Feb to be safe?

I've warned my client that the 24th will be my last day unless I can negotiate my payment terms with the agent. My only problem is that I don't trust the agent to stick to the agreed schedule!

Comment

That's an interesting point. What if the agent is late paying
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  That's an interesting point. What if the agent is late paying
                  Not really in their interest to be, as they'd be liable for ErNICs.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
                    Not really in their interest to be, as they'd be liable for ErNICs.
                    Incompetence knows no deadlines
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And don't forget even if you're leaving before end of March, big agencies like sThree have already written to all clients asking them to make determinations on all contractors now. So you might get an IR35 determination and messaging to HMRC even before you've left

Comment

Working...
                      X