• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A few Questions.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob s View Post
    If they think it's bad now, wait till they see the cost of someone with half your experience from a big consulting co.
    PC is available from the 1st you know.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      PC is available from the 1st you know.
      ?

Comment

Originally posted by rob s View Post
        If they think it's bad now, wait till they see the cost of someone with half your experience from a big consulting co.
        That's irrelevant. The Public sector needs to learn the hard way....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          That's irrelevant. The Public sector needs to learn the hard way....
          They don't need to learn. They are already well aware that the big four screw the pooch.

I know a program that is pooing itself at the moment as they are about to get audited and are wondering:

a) where all their money went
          b) what the toe rags produced for that money

Answer is they have been mugged...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            They don't need to learn. They are already well aware that the big four screw the pooch.

I know a program that is pooing itself at the moment as they are about to get audited and are wondering:

a) where all their money went
            b) what the toe rags produced for that money

Answer is they have been mugged...
            That's not the lesson they need to learn.

The lesson they need to learn is that if you wants things to be delivered you need to pay the market rate and that means IT people will need to be paid far more than other workers so you better redesign your pay scales...

And that requires a lot of mugging by the big 4 consultancies before it dawns on them that they can't outsource their projects...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              That's not the lesson they need to learn.

The lesson they need to learn is that if you wants things to be delivered you need to pay the market rate and that means IT people will need to be paid far more than other workers so you better redesign your pay scales...

And that requires a lot of mugging by the big 4 consultancies before it dawns on them that they can't outsource their projects...
              All paying them well achieves is getting well paid people that have no motivation to leave. Thats why contractors are so in valuable to them. We actually like to leave at the end of a gig. I was chatting to one of the guys where I am and he said do you realise for someone that has never been one, you have a very successful Civil Service career...

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Yes, the larger concern would be the retrospective tax grab if you've been at the PS department a while. New department, new agency would be best and it's a whole new negotiation. The more contractors that leave, the better really because it shows how one idiot can bring the whole public sector into chaos with them even being an MP.
                In respect of the retrospective tax grab, I have been in my current contract since 15th Nov. If I were to stay and accept inside IR35 and HMRC say I need to pay tax back to 15th Nov, would they continue to look into my contracts prior to this one. I am aware that they can go back 6 yrs.

I suppose what I'm saying is, is looking back to the start date of your current contract likely to be a gateway to a full investigation for last 6 years?

Comment

Originally posted by hollyblue View Post
                  In respect of the retrospective tax grab, I have been in my current contract since 15th Nov. If I were to stay and accept inside IR35 and HMRC say I need to pay tax back to 15th Nov, would they continue to look into my contracts prior to this one. I am aware that they can go back 6 yrs.

I suppose what I'm saying is, is looking back to the start date of your current contract likely to be a gateway to a full investigation for last 6 years?
                  Pass - truthful answer is that nobody knows.

Comment

Little update:

Line manager is "stressed" to say the least so PSB (Trust) has now agreed to use the QDOS tool and compare with my results if I do it also. Anything to be concerned about or consider?

Current contract with this PSB started Nov, after voluntarily having a few months off, and currently due to end Mid May.

Comment

Originally posted by notahappybunny View Post
                      Little update:

Line manager is "stressed" to say the least so PSB (Trust) has now agreed to use the QDOS tool and compare with my results if I do it also. Anything to be concerned about or consider?.
                      Besides the fact that you are totally inside you mean? :
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X