• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beta ESS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta ESS

Is it available yet?

Not that I can see. It's still referring you to the old Employment Status Indicator.

They did say this wouldn't be available until the end of Feb, so I expect it will be released on the 28th.
    We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
      Not that I can see. It's still referring you to the old Employment Status Indicator.

They did say this wouldn't be available until the end of Feb, so I expect it will be released on the 28th.
      Ah ok - I'd heard somewhere it was the 20th. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, I think it was on CUK, where it was reported it would be the 20th.

Rumour was the tool was not behaving how they wanted it too...
        We're all ears!

Comment

Originally posted by rob s View Post
          Ah ok - I'd heard somewhere it was the 20th. Thanks!
          I think it was, "originally" (although perhaps unofficially). They keep pushing it back...

Comment

Originally posted by Louisa@AardvarkAccounting View Post
            Yes, I think it was on CUK, where it was reported it would be the 20th.

Rumour was the tool was not behaving how they wanted it too...
            I heard a release of the build on friday keeled over with more than 25 concurrent users, though it's anyone's guess what the actual story is.

Comment

Originally posted by rob s View Post
              I heard a release of the build on friday keeled over with more than 25 concurrent users, though it's anyone's guess what the actual story is.
              Should be good when they release it late and it has to cope with determining the status of 20,000+ contractors
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                I think it was, "originally" (although perhaps unofficially). They keep pushing it back...
                I was contacted by a recruiter last week, for a position in Newcastle, doing Java, with cross-training to Scala. I asked immediately if it was for HMRC, and the guy instantly replied back, "Yes, and it's definitely outside IR35 until the end of March". When I asked, "And after?", the reply was "We just don't know yet".

Needless to say, I declined that opportunity.

Comment

Just received an e-mail about helping them to test the private beta (must've signed up at some point ). Link to the ESS forthcoming, apparently, so there is some movement...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Just received an e-mail about helping them to test the private beta (must've signed up at some point ). Link to the ESS forthcoming, apparently, so there is some movement...
                    The new beta tool that only has a single outcome results page.. and it's not 'outside'.

Comment

Working...
                    X