• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John McDonnell pot calling kettle black self employed NI increase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John McDonnell pot calling kettle black self employed NI increase

I have just heard John McDonnell on Radio PM program say to the effect that the increase tax of self employed is unfair because the do not get any benefits. In this a case of the pot calling the kettle black ?

I did not any complains from labour when IR35 was introduced!

As I recall it was only the Lords that had a go

Originally posted by Bheleu View Post
    I have just heard John McDonnell on Radio PM program say to the effect that the increase tax of self employed is unfair because the do not get any benefits. In this a case of the pot calling the kettle black ?

I did not any complains from labour when IR35 was introduced!

As I recall it was only the Lords that had a go
    Don't put 2 things together and expect them to be equal. IR35 in labour's eyes is not about people being self employed its designed to stop people who are not really self employed from pretending to be self-employed.

Whether the argument is valid or not the changes yesterday aren't aimed at us. They are aimed at everyone who is self employed and foolishly gives everyone something very big to attack the chancellor on...
    Last edited by eek; 9 March 2017, 09:14.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
    X