• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 assessment by MOD on me- materials as a consultant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pscont View Post
    And your point is?
    That the rules don't follow the law but the ESS tool has always explicitly excludes laptops (ignoring the law by doing so)..

The other point is that the laptop per project workaround was insane. My laptop isn't something that I could buy for every project (heck I don't want to move it unless I really, really have to)..
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If Latops are excluded can one simply take a pile of bricks, a hod and a trowel into the office to be deemed outside?

Comment

Originally posted by 56samba View Post
        If Latops are excluded can one simply take a pile of bricks, a hod and a trowel into the office to be deemed outside?
        They would be BIK as they are not wholly and exclusively required for your work
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          They would be BIK as they are not wholly and exclusively required for your work
          If you are setting up a firewall they are...

Comment

If you are setting up a firewall they are...
            That's about what I'd expect from some of the PS contractors I've seen.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              That's about what I'd expect from some of the PS contractors I've seen.
              Hopefully double skinned, security in depth and all that

Comment

Those of us who exclusively WFH have the ideal solution, and the rest of you poor losers have had it.

We'll buy DESKTOP computers.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                  Those of us who exclusively WFH have the ideal solution, and the rest of you poor losers have had it.

That's actually a plan. I will just add a top of the range graphics card for CUDA work for each contract (and replace it with the next version on the subsequent contract).

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post

Smallest factor desktop is not much bigger than a laptop.

Comment

Smallest factor desktop is not much bigger than a laptop.
                      Don't think it will take the graphics cards I'm planning to buy....

Comment

Working...
                      X