• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll: PSC contractors - Has your contract been deemed inside or outside Ir35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Office - Inside

Comment

Outside.

NHS organisation

Comment

Originally posted by NHS1979 View Post
        Outside.

NHS organisation
        Finally!!!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Finally!!!
          I too am outside in an NHS organisation. MacKey isn't having things all his own way, there is a resistance.

Comment

Inside: University: course project manager. (new courses for private sector clients, bespoke stuff with design mainly done from my office or onsite with end client about half of it overseas, about a quarter at the Uni's premises in the UK and about a quarter at end client's sites in UK.) Lots of travel.

Was told 10 days ago they were taking an "all contracting companies with less than 5 employees are IN" approach. They did circulate a questionnaire, based on HMRC tool, which I filled in but I'm not convinced how they've applied it as both my use of the HMRC tool and my accountants say OUT.

Kinda wondering what the point is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Finance View Post
              I too am outside in an NHS organisation. MacKey isn't having things all his own way, there is a resistance.
              Well after I decided to challenge the inside decision after originally being told outside, it would appear the NHS organisation is having to rethink its decision and now invited a third party to review. The saga continues...

Comment

Originally posted by New View Post
                Was told 10 days ago they were taking an "all contracting companies with less than 5 employees are IN" approach.
                Wonderful!
                So now each org is making up their own IR35 rules as they go along.
                That "Reasonable care" thing did not live long.
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                  Wonderful!
                  So now each org is making up their own IR35 rules as they go along.
                  That "Reasonable care" thing did not live long.
                  Dont worry the lawyers will be along soon. That reasonable care thing is the next PPI claim for them

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    Dont worry the lawyers will be along soon. That reasonable care thing is the next PPI claim for them
                    Oh, I'm certain the lawyers will make out like bandits - as they are doing currently with the numerous APN Judicial Reviews (~£500K a pop).
                    As usual, we'll be the ones screwed.
                    The more things change...
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by pillar100 View Post
                      Post Office - Inside
                      Errrrrrm...

Post office is no longer PS
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X